Automatic Vacuum Cleaner

hi to all,
i have started a project on automatic vaccum cleaner.i have a doubt that can a gps is used for detecting obstacles in house?or ultrasonic sensor is the better1?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd seriously doubt whether GPS would be useful. Ultrasonic sensor should solve the purpose.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Since the speed is low it is best to use an impact sensing accelerometer kind of device used in phones and pads. Cheaper and more reliable.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    How about using both? Does this help - #-Link-Snipped-# ?

You might like to check out Cocorobo Vacuum Cleaner #-Link-Snipped-#
  • vineethjoust
    vineethjoust
    ya i have seen coco robo can yo suggest me a best algorithm for that cleaning purpose pls
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Bunch of simple IR sensors will do the job. If you're after something very sophisticated then find the camera and start playing with image processing.

However, that sophisticated machine is not required for general use. Try IR sensors itself. The simple you keep it, the better you'll be able to understand it. Don't complicate the thing with gps and others unless they are required.
  • shubham_more
    shubham_more
    is there any other technique for detecting obstacles?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    shubham_more
    I am sure that you have seen those toy cars that go straight till they hit an obstacle and reverse do a small turn and go straight again. There is virtually no feed back control. The motor automatically reverses when stopped. It is rather crude and goes banging into things. A low cost accelerometer will suffice for this application.
    CotsBots: Hardware
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    shubham_more
    proximity sensors would be the best.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    What would be the cost of such a machine

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Interesting talk on entrepreneurship by Hitesh Dhingra - founder of LetsBuy.com - the eCommerce startup that was recently acquired by Flipkart.com. Catch how Hitesh started with just Rs. 10 lakh...
Hello I have recently pursued my engg. in the feild of electronics and telecomm. I want to apply for MS in my core field. If I have a job experience...
many say this puzzle was indeed created by the "Curious" Einstein..! I do not know to what extent this is true...but this is so exciting..! A note which came along...
Can any of my dear colleagues share CPWD Analysis of Rates-2012 Vol 1 and 2 ?
I'm an automobile engineering student and wondering what is the basic different between axles shaft?