automatic solar tracking system

Project Abstract / Summary : In ordinary solar panels, the intensity of sunlight falling on the surface of panel is varying throughout the day and is not up to the peak value. So there is always some loss of energy that cannot be collected by stationary panels. By using the solar tracking system, we can collect the maximum amount of solar energy i.e.,up to peak intensity for whole daylight period. Efficiency can be improved by around 40-50 percent.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : Energy conservation is the need of the hour.India is densely populated and has high solar insolation, an ideal combination for using solar power in India. In the solar energy sector, some large projects have been proposed, and a 35,000 km2 (14,000 sq mi) area of the Thar Desert has been set aside for solar power projects, sufficient to generate 700 to 2,100 GW.

In July 2009, India unveiled a US$19 billion plan to produce 20 GW of solar power by 2020. Under the plan, the use of solar-powered equipment and applications would be made compulsory in all government buildings, as well as hospitals and hotels. In January 2015, the Indian government significantly expanded its solar plans, targeting US$100 billion of investment and 100 GW of solar capacity by 2022.

According to a 2011 report by BRIDGE TO INDIA and GTM Research, India is facing a perfect storm of factors that will drive solar photovoltaic (PV) adoption at a "furious pace over the next five years and beyond". The falling prices of PV panels, mostly from China but also from the U.S., has coincided with the growing cost of grid power in India. Government support and ample solar resources have also helped to increase solar adoption, but perhaps the biggest factor has been need. India, "as a growing economy with a surging middle class, is now facing a severe electricity deficit that often runs between 10% and 13% of daily need". India is planning to install the World's largest Solar Power Plant with 4,000 MW Capacity near Sambhar Lake in Rajasthan.

There are various factors that we need to consider before investing into a solar power plant. A lot of enthusiasm has been seen among people about the use of Solar Energy as a substitute of conventional sources of energy. However, currently, with the power subsidies in India, solar works economical only in those areas that are using diesel generators as a primary source of electricity. The entire payback is made in 2–3 years. Solar system for petrol pumps is a leading example of such an application. IOCL is leading the race for solarization of petrol pumps with aggressive targets. Solar applications for petrol pumps by RelyOn Solar has been installed in more than 150 IOCL petrol pumps across India and now other oil companies are also looking to solarize their ROs. Solar installations for commercial buildings, where the electricity rates are higher, are also proving to be a game changer for the owners of IT companies.

On 16 May 2011, India’s first 5 MW of installed capacity solar power project was registered under the Clean Development Mechanism. The project is in Sivagangai Village, Sivaganga district, Tamil Nadu.

Project Category : Mechanical / Automobile / Aeronautical
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: vishwakarma govt. engineering college
City: ahmedabad
State: gujarat
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : India has been traditionally vulnerable to natural disaster on account of its unique geo-climatic conditions.Floods,droughts,cyclone,earthquake and landslides have been a reccurent phenomena.About 60% of the...
Project Abstract / Summary : Assistive devices are one of the most revolutionized aspects in wearable technology for electronic applications, as they contain the potential to aid people with physical...
The Indian mobile manufacturer, Intex is on a launching spree this month. After unveiling Aqua X, Aqua Power HD, Aqua 5X and Aqua 3G Star this month, the company has...
Rezortify is a resort discovery portal in India. Co-founded by Nikita Mittal and Dhaval Jani in 2014, Rezortify brings its users to the best resorts at prime locations based on...
Hello guys, I plan to develop a web platform where you can ask questions related to engineering textbooks. For me, when I was in my first study year, I often...