autocross

So I went autocrossing this weekend, first one of the season in the DC area. Got 11 runs in and was able to shave quite a bit of time off as well. I have some lousy phone pictures I can post, obviously not taken while racing 😛.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Waiting for the pictures 😉
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Waiting for the pictures 😉

Waiting for the pictures Gohm....
  • gohm
    gohm
    ok, here are some pictures. Again, they are with my cell phone so they are small. The first heat was in the rain, however the afternoon heat the sun came out and dried the course off. Miata's were the most numerous(hurray!) however there were some: lotus, noble, tdi, s2000, bmw and a few miscelaneous present.
    waiting to run course | gohmchin | Flickr
    Miata on the course | gohmchin | Flickr
    In line to run | next to the red Noble with Miatas behind | gohmchin | Flickr
    car prep'd for AX | gohmchin | Flickr
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Woo hoo! Adding the pics to the post -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  • gohm
    gohm
    Do you like the high-tech painter's tape racing numbers? =) I really like the lotus Elise cars. Wasn't to impressed with the Noble being a high dollar car. The fastest folks had the average worn looking cars you wouldn't look twice at. The rain during the first half slowed things down until the afternoon when the sun came out. I rode along with one of the event organizers in his miata which was good fun as he is talented and really fast comparitively. I was able to drop my time down to 49.29 seconds. Really good drivers hit in the 30s. I highly suggest anyone who would like to dabble in racing to check out a local autocross group. Minimal expense needed (you can use almost any car) and it is very novice friendly. The most you will do is run over a few cones. Being that I am getting old this will replace the bike racing. =)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Think Lotus. Feel the Lotus. Drive the Lotus!
  • gohm
    gohm
    First Biggie must buy Gohm a Lotus! lol

hmm, if there was a magnetic CE decal that could be placed on a car while racing.....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    First Biggie must buy Gohm a Lotus! lol
    Of course, my friend. Do let me know your color preference.

[​IMG]

[wink]
  • gohm
    gohm
    Lol, I see the Brits have really been hit hard economy wise if that is the new Lotus model! =) So now the model line is:

Lotus Elise, Lotus Exige & Lotus Petal
  • gohm
    gohm
    Couple more pics taken by the club photographer

autocross 002 | cutaway123 | Flickr

autocross 011 | cutaway123 | Flickr
  • gohm
    gohm
    So I just have been assigned set racing numbers, woo-hoo! There is another race tomorrow Saturday, however I do not think I will make it so maybe the 18th.

if anyone wishes to see the last course I raced on video, I can post a link of another competitor's incar video.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Dude! This is so cooooool! How often is this autocross event run?

Please do post the in car vid. Man, I wish I could bring my car to this autocross.. though I'll prolly need to overhaul everything to make it race worthy 😛
  • gohm
    gohm
    They average about every two weeks, with this club(there are other clubs running autocross races as well as the SCCA). Going to another event at Summit Point track 04/18.

There might be a club doing autocross there Ash.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Here's some of the vid from other drivers at the event.
    Autocrossing/Drifting Noble M400 March 29-29 2009 - YouTube
    CDC AutoX 3-28-09 - YouTube

next event is this upcoming Saturday at SUmmit Point raceway
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Man, thats one confusing course!
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yes, it is. That is considered a basic simple course as well! That's what makes it tough.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Nice.. I checked out local autocross events. They are sadly lacking 😔 There was one hosted near my area last dec, but it was canceled and never heard of again.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Sounds like a great opportunity for someone to start one! =)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

When we mesh in ansys sometimes it shows mesh in purpole color and sometimes it shows mesh in green color is there any difference in these cases!!!
what are the basic differences between an all terrain car and an ordinary car in terms of steering braking system suspension if possible please forward me a link or an...
Hello guys, So again I am stuck with my filament winding machine. Since the budget for the project is so small, I have to come by using components which the...
i am working with 8051 microcontroller.........the relay is connected with 5vdc motor and i am connecting relay at the port p0.0.i am using the following code to rotate the motor..........
Hey, i need help in understanding the function of each components in the circuit or how it works. https://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7220/cctdiagram.jpg Any help here would be greatly appreciated.😀 thanks.