Autocad vs solidworks vs CATIA vs PRO E & ANSYS for boiler design??

I am interested in Boiler designing. Can anybody here tell me which software is needed to know among Autocad, solidworks, CATIA, PRO E for my purpose? for the analysis part i think Ansys is must. Am i right?
please help me out.

Replies

• muhiminul mehedi
    muhiminul mehedi
    #-Link-Snipped-# can u help me?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I guess you should be able to use any CAD software of your choice to design the boiler.
  • Prithivirajan
    Prithivirajan
    CAD is simply best
  • vaibhav kute
    vaibhav kute
    Use solidworks and analysis it on ansys because solidworks is user-friendly and ansys is not much easy but it's analysis is too correct
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    For 3D modelling:
    For basic 3D modelling you can choose any software. I've worked on Solidworks, CATIA and PRO-E (or Creo Parametric as it is now called I think) and all of them have pretty much the same basics.

If the design isn't very complex then you can go for whatever software your college already has.

However, I would recommend staying away from AutoCAD - even though it offers 3D it just doesn't offer the features that dedicated 3D modelling software offer.

For analysis:
    Although ANSYS is a really powerful tool for analysis - it takes time to get used to and has a steep learning curve (not to mention incredibly expensive)!

If you don't need ANSYS' power I would recommend using the built-in analysis tools in Solidworks, CATIA, etc. They should be able to do the job.

I've worked on Solidworks and like it the best. It also has build-in analysis "workbenches" that allow you to test your design for various conditions.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Though Faisal Ansari's family has a medical background, he had realised that engineering was something he was naturally good at. Pursuing his dream, he got a degree in Mechanical Engineering...
Hello frnds.. I am a fresher civil engineer & I am curious to know that how my job Is going to start. . I know that first I have to...
Quote: Understanding heat transfer is central to verifying and optimizing products and system designs. Thermal characteristics and mechanical performance must be considered in the development of products such as reactors...
Quote: The power-supply industry is currently transitioning from analog to digital control, especially in high-performance power-supply design. In fact, digital controllers now control most AC/DC power supplies used in servers....
Quote: Nature has plenty to teach those in the world of factory automation. That is the idea behind the Bionic Learning Network (BLN), the brainchild of automation technology supplier Festo....