Atmel STK500 complication

hey everybody,
i got an Atmel avr STK500 development kit, it was working great but now i got a problem. whenever i turn the power switch on the power led turns red but both the stauts led and Vtarget led are off. all the jumpers are set in the defult position as mentioned in the user manual. when i turn the kit on the multimeter reads a short circuit between GND and VTG. this short is not present when the kit is off so it is not a hardware short.
please help me

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    May be there is damage in your any Resistor or in any devices... it may be burn out may be your Chip also..

this is the reason why your LED turn off when you power on the device which is burnt loads the circuit and thats why there is short between VTG and GND..

Check the Component and Replace it.
  • momin
    momin
    i dont think that there is any hardware damage. because when the power is off there no short circuit. so nothin is burnt.
  • Rifaa
    Rifaa
    do u have schematic for this device, if so post it.
    Then I can help
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Momin it is sure that there is any component which load the circuit thats why your LED goes Turn off....

Can you please post the Schametic .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am a chemical engineering student and my final project is about a processing gas plant. It is a DDP (Dew Point Plant). In the end of the process, there...
hi i have to make an inverted pendulum by only using a pully instead of a cart yep a pendulum will be balanced in an inverted position by using a...
If you know information about any upcoming programming contest, please do post it here and let everyone know about it. 😀
How Java handles input from the user and output from the system to user? Java do I/O(Input/Output) through streams. Now what all Streams Java can have are following: 1. ByteStreams...
Paceman RP Singh was on Monday rewarded for his consistent performance in the ongoing IPL with a recall while fellow speedster Munaf Patel was dropped from India's 15-member squad for...