Atmega16

Can i interface a camera and PIR sensor with atmega16?? Will it be efficient than PIC?? coz i couldnt find coding for those interfacing with atmega16. Pls solve my doubts soon

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    You can but I seriously doubt if Atmega is able to do so much image processing. One thing is for sure, you'll not get a good quality vs. speed ratio.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Jaisshri
    Can i interface a camera and PIR sensor with atmega16?? Will it be efficient than PIC?? coz i couldnt find coding for those interfacing with atmega16. Pls solve my doubts soon
    Which camera you want to use?
  • Jaisshri
    Jaisshri
    godfather
    Which camera you want to use?
    some suggested UART Camera. i dnt ve idea abt it. pls help me
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Jaisshri
    some suggested UART Camera. i dnt ve idea abt it. pls help me
    Its datasheet or part number will be of great help.
  • Jaisshri
    Jaisshri
    suggest me any camera which can be interfaced with atmega16??
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Jaisshri
    suggest me any camera which can be interfaced with atmega16??
    Well if you want to interface camera with Atmega16 you can go with Serial camera. Because that will be the easiest way to interface with lower controller or you have to choose any camera from omnivision and go with higher end MCU like Cortex-M3 or Cortex-M4.
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    hi CEions,
    TCM8230MD CMOS Camera is the one for basic camera interfacing between controller can be holds good.
  • Jaisshri
    Jaisshri
    pls provide me code or code link for camera to be interfaced with atmega16. i couldnt get it. duration for my project is very less. pls help me
  • Techie Earthling
    Techie Earthling
    Jaisshri
    pls provide me code or code link for camera to be interfaced with atmega16. i couldnt get it. duration for my project is very less. pls help me
    Are you planning to do On-Board Image processing with Atmega-16, then i think its not a good idea at all.

Instead go with a wireless or Wired camera (Webcam) connected with your Laptop or PC with Matlab or OPenCV Running on it as Image processing Platform, so Let the Pc or Laptop do the image processing part and control the Robot or anything you want to, just by coding image processing part to give control output on serial port of computer upon the defined logic or conditions programmed by you ! then attach the serial output to machine's uart.
  • Techie Earthling
    Techie Earthling
    Jaisshri
    Are you planning to do On-Board Image processing with Atmega-16, then i think its not a good idea at all.

Instead go with a wireless or Wired camera (Webcam) connected with your Laptop or PC with Matlab or OPenCV Running on it as Image processing Platform, so Let the Pc or Laptop do the image processing part and control the Robot or anything you want to, just by coding image processing part to give control output on serial port of computer upon the defined logic or conditions programmed by you ! then attach the serial output to machine's uart.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

please.......any one tell mi about a nvidia graphics card..............
I have searched a lot, but can't find the list of post graduate courses in mechanical engineering all around the world. I came across few but, didn't get the all....
Hi! My name is Justyna. I am a fifth year student of English course of Structure Engineering at University of Technology in Poznan. I managed to qualify to Erasmus Internship...
Arun_GuptaHello , I m Arun ,a b.tech 2012 passout . i have been searching for job since since June 2012 in Delhi Ncr . I know Java,J2ee,Android,Php,Drupal,Joomla. I joined a...
Why Linus torvalds is preferring to continue to development of Kernel in C language & not C++? Long time back, Linus dropped the bomb on the guy who was suggesting...