ASUS Zenfone Series Smartphones To Debut In India Next Month

Taiwanese hardware major Asus had announced the ZenFone series of smartphones at the CES 2014 event earlier this year. Keeping up to its promise, the ZenFone 4, ZenFone 5 and ZenFone 6 smartphones were later launched ASUS Zenfone Series Smartphones To Be Launched In China On April 11. The news now has it that the phones are arriving next in India by next month i.e. July. All three smartphones support Dual SIM cards and run on Android 4.3 but thankfully, the company has promised an Android 4.4 KitKat update. Let us take a look at each of these phones one by one.
The Asus ZenFone 4 features a 4-inch WVGA (800 x 480 pixel) resolution display. The phone has 1 GB RAM and an internal memory of 4 GB expandable upto 64 GB using a microSD card. The phone also has a 5 MP rear camera and a 0.3 MP front camera. All these will be powered by a dual-core 1.2GHz Intel Atom Z2520 processor with Quad-Thread Hyper-Threading Technology and a battery of capacity 1170mAh. Along with the dimensions of 124.4x61.4x11.2-6.3mm, the phone will be available in 5 colors- red, white, black, blue and yellow.

asus-zenfone-4

Asus ZenFone 5, a level up from the ZenFone 4, is powered by a 2 GHz dual-core 2GHz Intel Atom Z2580 with Quad-Thread Hyper-Threading technology. It has a RAM of 1 GB and an internal memory of 8 GB, expandable upto 64 GB. ZenFone 5 has the rear and front cameras of 8 MP and 2 MP respectively. The 5 inch IPS technology screen displays a resolution of upto 720p. It packs a battery of capacity 2050mAh and is available in 4 colours- black, white, red and gold. The phone measures 148.2 x 72.8 x 10.3-5.5mm in size.

asus-zenfone-5

Last but not the least is ZenFone 6 is no different than the ZenFone 5 but has a screen size of 6 inches. The phone also sports a 13 MP rear and a 2 MP front camera. It also has a greater battery capacity of 3230 mAh and is the largest among the three measuring 166.9 x 84.3 x 9.9-5.5mm.

asus-zenfone6

Though the company hasn't yet revealed the details about the individual phone's pricing and availability, we are sure that information will be officially declared soon enough.

What are your thoughts on the newest competitors in the over-crowded Android phone market in India? Share with us in comments below.

Replies

• vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    Asus hvae to give tough fight to already exciting giant competitors...As Market is full with very strong players 👍👍
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    With the battery capacity of 1170mAh ASUS Zenfone 4 is going to be a flop show for me. Now a days, even a plano feature phone has minimum of 1500 mAh, and ASUS is giving 1170 mAh on a android driven phone.

Other two devices are Ok, not great though.

Except Oppo, none of the other smart phone manufacturer has shown the potential to give a fight to smart phone giant manufacturers (Apple, Samsung, Nokia). ASUS has disappointed as well.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i completed my Btech in Mechanical stream..with respect to placements which is best NDT training or Piping designing....and also if u know please suggest me the best training instituition for...
Hi there Suppose a person is having a bank account as a minor, under a guardian, now suppose the person turns more than 18, but he want to close his...
Indian Government within 100 days plans to float policy that establishes broadband connectivity as a basic fundamental right like education and health. The policy lists several affordable options in which...
How can you get ten horses into nine stables, one per stable? This is not some mathematical stuff, just think out of the box. Think laterally and have fun
We Indian Engineers are really proud of getting a seat in IIT. The tag we give the IITians. and the way the IIT students handle themselves in the society talks...