Asus Zenfone 5 or Moto G or Xiaomi

I am planning to purchase a Smartphone and MAXIMUM budget is 13K.

I am very much confused between Asus Zenfone 5 and Moto G.

Zenfone 5 has better Camera that is big requirement for me. But it's battery lifetime is not good.

While Moto G has better battery lifetime but Camera not matching my need.

Very much confused now.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm quite impressed by the quality of the camera on Moto G (first hand experience). Moto G is a robust phone and I can recommend it to anyone who's looking for a phone under Rs. 13K. If you get a chance do take a look at the photos captured by Moto G.
  • Dastan4eva
    Dastan4eva
    If good camera is a strict requirement then why not consider the lumias?

If you are hell bent on Android then +1 to moto g from my side, it's cam is not stellar but definitely not the worst 5mp snapper out there, also stock android experience and guaranteed update to next major version (Android L).
    Also I've read zenfone houses an intel chip which might result in compatibility issues with some apps now (more in future) due to architectural differences with ARM. On the brighter side 2gigs of RAM on zenfone will make multitasking smooth as butter if you're planning to do some heavy multitasking on your phone ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm quite impressed by the quality of the camera on Moto G (first hand experience). Moto G is a robust phone and I can recommend it to anyone who's looking for a phone under Rs. 13K. If you get a chance do take a look at the photos captured by Moto G.
    Can you share few pics please.
    And as #-Link-Snipped-# said Asus has + for RAM.
    #-Link-Snipped-# I think right now almost all app are supporting Intel processor isn't it?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# Trust me buddy! Kitkat requires comparatively lesser memory than former Android versions. And when you're in Stock Android, things are even more smoother.
    I am using Moto E which has just 1 GB of RAM & DC SD 200, and I have hardly seen RAM consumption above 400 MB. I have tested many good heavy games, it works flawlessly.
    What I need to say is, Anything above 1.2 GB of RAM in Kitkat won't really matter much.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    One quick shot clicked outdoor -

US-1
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Plus, you know Intel processors have high TDP. It's an era of RISC. Gotta say ciao to Intel when it comes to Embedded systems ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    One quick shot clicked outdoor -

US-1
    You scaled down the picture? Quality looks like amazing or is it edited. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Harshad Italiya
    From my Moto E - Unscaled, no other edits.

IMG_20140616_111915353_HDR

Now scaled one :
    IMG_20140616_111915353_HDR

And Moto E has worst camera. Moto G have better camera than E( no fucking autofocus). You can assume how much better Moto G camera is than E.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Harshad Italiya
    I only scaled down the picture because it'd be a 1.3 MB upload otherwise. In fact, I reduced the quality to about 85% after adding the watermark.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Thank you #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#. From the pictures shared by Kaustubh seems MOTO G is not that bad. And it's OK to leave RAM in cost of better battery life by Moto G.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    is there SD card slot in MOTO G?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Harshad Italiya
    is there SD card slot in MOTO G?
    Hell No! <- Only reason why I bought E
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Abhishek Rawal
    Hell No! <- Only reason why I bought E
    Yeah ! That is why I was wondering why flipkart is showing SD cards in supported Accessories. ๐Ÿ˜•
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Harshad Italiya
    Yeah ! That is why I was wondering why flipkart is showing SD cards in supported Accessories. ๐Ÿ˜•
    snapshot9
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Update:- There were some fault in camera and I request return second time with Flipkart.
    Now they are going to refund money. So the question arise again with bit more confusion.
    No doubt I got chance to use Moto G for 10-12 days and happy with it but with these issues. Should I still have to stick with MOTO G as price is also dropped by 2000/- or go with Xiaomi?

Heart says Moto G again and Mind says Let's give Xiaomi a try. ๐Ÿ˜•
  • Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    #-Link-Snipped-# :

I accept the point of less price for a good spces means a down in the quality. But Mi3 is not less in the quality.
    I would say you to go with Xiaomi because one different Android user interface. Better camera and better specs for a lesser price. The only difference is that it is a Chinese phone, but from a good brand. Xiaomi is the 5th largest mobile manufacturing company as per the recent stats. And the phone is really good actually. Its hits around 35k in the Antutu benchmarks, and camera is really good and have all nice features you want. You do not need more third party apps as all are pre installed on hand before. Its just its saving people data is the drawback.

#-Link-Snipped-# :
    Actually we have to start a post regarding Oneplus One VS Mi3 and see what our people think and discuss more
  • Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Asus Zenfone 5 vs Motorola Moto G vs Xiaomi Mi3 - Geek LTD

look at the specs differences and buy. Because at the end you need for call, viber and social networking.
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    Harshad Italiya
    Update:- There were some fault in camera and I request return second time with Flipkart.
    Now they are going to refund money. So the question arise again with bit more confusion.
    No doubt I got chance to use Moto G for 10-12 days and happy with it but with these issues. Should I still have to stick with MOTO G as price is also dropped by 2000/- or go with Xiaomi?

Heart says Moto G again and Mind says Let's give Xiaomi a try. ๐Ÿ˜•
    Absolutely mate, when you get SD800 for 14k anyone's mind may change.
    I'm going for the upcoming Redmi Note, which is offering truely octa-core processor at just 10k odd. Will post a review .๐Ÿ˜‰

Might be launched here this month!!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Update:- Flipkart finally going to replace it instead of refund. ๐Ÿ˜€ So for now it will be Moto G again.
    Thank you #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Harshad Italiya
    Update:- Flipkart finally going to replace it instead of refund. ๐Ÿ˜€ So for now it will be Moto G again.
    Thank you #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#
    One quick tip, before accepting the phone, please look at the IEMI no. , because they are distributing refurbished phones.

Search on net for the specific series, I think it was something 3533XXXX, but don't remember exactly.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Sanyam Khurana
    One quick tip, before accepting the phone, please look at the IEMI no. , because they are distributing refurbished phones.

Search on net for the specific series, I think it was something 3533XXXX, but don't remember exactly.
    Didn't get you. Will you please share some more about this.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Harshad Italiya
    Didn't get you. Will you please share some more about this.
    #-Link-Snipped-# , Here I'm quoting a post I read on a Technology group on FB :

Why should Flipkart reduce 2000INR on a successful mobile model (Moto G)? Only just because of competition? We don't think so. Recently a friend of mine ordered Moto G (with that 2000INR off) and he received refurbished phone they took back from old customers who had network issues and the IMEI number was also not registered.

Remember the issue with IMEI nos starting with 3533?

"We wanted to let you know that we now have#-Link-Snipped-#devices with IMEI nos starting with 3533 registered with ALL network operators. All impacted customers can now activate your phones immediately." (via#-Link-Snipped-#)

Thankfully my friend ordered this via "Cash on Delivery (COD)", he was able to check the phone's IMEI number beforehand and take action. Be careful before accepting such refurbished phones.
    I hope this would help you in understanding the issue better, if you get a phone with this IMEI no. please don't accept it ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Sanyam Khurana
    #-Link-Snipped-# , Here I'm quoting a post I read on a Technology group on FB :

I hope this would help you in understanding the issue better, if you get a phone with this IMEI no. please don't accept it ๐Ÿ˜€
    This is really interesting that they are doing like this. Even I was thinking about this what they used to so when we send mobile back to flipkart. Week is bearing this Motorola or flipkart?

In my case I received invoice before delivery and IMEI number is not from that series.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Harshad Italiya
    This is really interesting that they are doing like this. Even I was thinking about this what they used to so when we send mobile back to flipkart. Week is bearing this Motorola or flipkart?

In my case I received invoice before delivery and IMEI number is not from that series.
    How can you get invoice before delivery?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Sanyam Khurana
    How can you get invoice before delivery?
    I think I got it because it was replacement so when they ship item it was showing send invoice to email and I got it. I will check out this if we can get it before the guy came in to deliver item.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like we haven't arrived to any conclusion as to what is the best product of the 3. I read multiple reviews and found that the Asus Zenfone 5 is undoubtedly the most attractive proposition in terms of specifications for anyone looking to buy an Android smartphone under Rs. 10,000.

Has anyone here did a hands-on for Zenfone 5? Would like to read a realistic review from CEans.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Ankita Katdare
    Asus Zenfone 5 is undoubtedly the most attractive proposition in terms of specifications for anyone looking to buy an Android smartphone under Rs. 10,000.

Has anyone here did a hands-on for Zenfone 5? Would like to read a realistic review from CEans.
    I second you on this.

Had a hands on few days back on my colleague ZF5.
    I loved the performance of the phone.

Pros
    1. Awesome Display Quality.
    2. Super Fast processing
    3. Nicely Build phone.
    4. Smooth Touch.
    5. No Issues with Dual Sim functionality.

Cons
    1. Very Low Speaker Sound
    2. On Continuous Network (2G/3G) access battery drains very fast.

It would be a great phone in INR 9999/- if you are a headphone guy ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like we haven't arrived to any conclusion as to what is the best product of the 3. I read multiple reviews and found that the Asus Zenfone 5 is undoubtedly the most attractive proposition in terms of specifications for anyone looking to buy an Android smartphone under Rs. 10,000.

Well after this thread I ordered Moto G but I can say it is also not that good as people talk about that. It looks like overrated.
    Again I will say NO for ASUS as it has intel processor.
    So Xiaomi is last one but don't have much info!
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    [QUOTE="Harshad Italiya,
    [/QUOTE]

Is there any fault in it?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Vikram S Bargah
    [QUOTE="Harshad Italiya,
    Is there any fault in it?[/QUOTE]
    It heats up more compare to ARM. #-Link-Snipped-# can give you more detail answer. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Harshad Italiya
    Is there any fault in it?
    It heats up more compare to ARM. #-Link-Snipped-# can give you more detail answer. ๐Ÿ˜€[/QUOTE]

Got it.
    Having hands on both the gadget I can say moto g is good, & ZF5 is never the less.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Ankita Katdare

Yup, did a hands on when I was invited at the launch event. A pretty good phone. Though couldn't try out some games to test out graphics, everything else was looking quite good. The features are very much interesting.

I'm thinking to buy an Android, and may be would buy this only ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Vikram S Bargah
    I second you on this.

Had a hands on few days back on my colleague ZF5.
    I loved the performance of the phone.

Pros
    1. Awesome Display Quality.
    2. Super Fast processing
    3. Nicely Build phone.
    4. Smooth Touch.
    5. No Issues with Dual Sim functionality.

Cons
    1. Very Low Speaker Sound
    2. On Continuous Network (2G/3G) access battery drains very fast.

It would be a great phone in INR 9999/- if you are a headphone guy ๐Ÿ˜€
    Speaker sound is less, agree.
    Though the drainage problem is resolved in the system update. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Vipin Thomas
    Vipin Thomas
    Hi Harshad,
    I happen to have Moto G and Xiaomi Mi3. Motorola is built better, more sturdy, but Xiaomi is not far behind. If looks could kill, Xiaomi nails it. Xiaomi's display and UI is much ahead of Moto G. Some say its iPhone rip off. There are lots of awesome features which most of rooted phones don't have. Also to mention there are some cool custom apps from motorola also like Alerts which use Geo fencing.

The killer feature is 13MP camera and 2 GB ram with Xiaomi. Whatever games or apps, Xiaomi just plays it smooth.

If you want keep your phone updated with latest first Android upgrade and more stability then Moto G should be the choice else Xiaomi rocks. Both phones have shown the world, how a awesome smartphone cane be built cheap.
  • Vipin Thomas
    Vipin Thomas
    Hi Harshad,
    Me and my wife have Moto G and Xiaomi Mi3. Motorola is built better, but Xiaomi is not far behind. If looks could kill, Xiaomi nails it. Xiaomi's display and UI is much ahead of Moto G. Some say its iPhone rip off. There are lots of awesome features which most of rooted phones don't have. Also to mention there are some cool custom apps from motorola also like Alerts which use Geo fencing.

The killer feature is 13MP camera and 2 GB ram with Xiaomi. Whatever games or apps, Xiaomi just plays it smooth.

If you want keep your phone updated with latest first Android upgrade and more stability then Moto G should be the choice else Xiaomi rocks. Xiaomi also has 3050 mAh battery which is simply great.

Also Moto G is dual SIM, but Xiaomi Mi3 is single SIM..

Asus Zenphone looks promising.. OS is still 4.3. Processor is not the latest. There are comparisons of Qualcomm-Snapdragon-600-vs-Intel-Atom-Z2560.
    Snapdragon is better.. Xiaomi has the latest latest Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor..
  • Cyano Swamy
    Cyano Swamy
    Low budget phones seems to be a good deal but once you buy the device you are frustrated with lag issues and much more. Delivery of the promise is not kept which results to various issues in the phone. I am contempt with the Custom ROM enabled Cyanogen phone which gives me enormous performance at a good price.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Cyano Swamy
    Low budget phones seems to be a good deal but once you buy the device you are frustrated with lag issues and much more. Delivery of the promise is not kept which results to various issues in the phone. I am contempt with the Custom ROM enabled Cyanogen phone which gives me enormous performance at a good price.
    For example?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If Xiaomi Mi3 smartphone's launch in India has been successful in capturing your attention, this news is sure to be your next pleasant surprise. The company's facebook page 'MI India'...
Date of Job Fair - 18th July, 2014 At GGI Campus, GT Road, Ludhiana - Khanna Highway Interested Diploma Students are advised to carry minimum 3 copies of resume for...
Im a 2014 mechanical engineering graduate from VTU... I have an aggregate of 67% I'm at present lost in confusion, i have no idea what to do or where to...
In an event held in Delhi, HTC took the stage to unveil two new smartphones for the Indian market: One E8- a cheaper version of flagship One M8 and the...
For some reason I am unable to open these websites : https://adf.ly/gxlXD https://adf.ly/gxlXD https://ay.gy/gxlXD Please hit "Skip this Ad" On top right & download option will appear. If anyone can...