ASUS Transformer AiO P1801 Launched In India - Your PC Is Your Tablet

Re-thinking the entire Tablet-PC experience, Asustek Computer Inc. or ASUS the tech giant has come up with Transformer AiO P1801, an all-in-one PC which can be transformed into a tablet. Giving you the comfort of having this first of its kind two-in-one gadget, Asus is all ready to make people understand how awesome it is to have a detachable screen on the PC dock to be used as a standalone tablet. Regular tablet users among us know how tedious it can get while working on a tab as compared to the comfort of a good old PC. Therefore, launched in India at a price of Rs. 86,999/- we believe that consumers who are looking to buy both a new tablet and a PC, would really like to give the Transformer AiO a try.

With the provision of dual OS system and a dedicated key that lets the user switch between the tablet and PC almost instantly, life has just become easier for the users of the AiO P1801 who love to multi-task and take their work wherever they go. If your loyalties don't lie with only one of the Operating Systems, you now have the comfort of using Windows and Android with a single machine. It works on the Jelly Bean 4.1 OS when in tablet mode, while the all-in-one desktop will run upon Microsoft’s Windows 8. Moreover, once on WiFi the tablet can be used to wirelessly control your desktop if you're within the coverage.

slide

Coming to the tech specs for both. The Asus P1801 tablet features a 18.4-inch screen that is not attached to the desktop and is powered by a Quad Core Nvidia Tegra 3 chipset. The touchscreen of this tablet is a LED-backlit capacitive with IPS technology and a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. A 1 megapixel front webcam for making video calls is present along with a 2GB of DDR3 RAM, a 32GB of onboard memory and expansion is possible by the microSD slot. There's support for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for connectivity and a 38W battery is promising an up time of 5 hours straight.

22-5-2013-83

Looking at the desktop mode, with Windows 8 operating system comes the Intel Core i processor and an NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M GPU. Thanks to the customizing options of up to 4GB of DDR3 RAM and support to a SATA hard drive of up to 1TB capacity, all your stuff and your neighbor's stuff can reside happily inside this PC. With HDMI and USB ports in place, the Asus Transformer AiO P1801 PC has taken care of all the essentials and more. Available in India right now with Core i3 or Core i5 processors for a price of Rs. 86,999/- or Rs. 92,999/-respectively, the ASUS could very well be the game changer of the personal desktop market. What is your take on this dually powerful gadget? Share with us in comments.

Meanwhile, take a look at a video from ASUS -

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Twitter, the 140 characters micro-blogging platform, just got better for the Apple iMac and Macbook users with the launch of its version 2.2.1 update. Twitter for Mac users who run...
I am trying hands in WordPress, now looking for a secure and fast image hosting site to host images for my site. I tried using dropbox and google drive looks...
AMD or Advanced Micro Devices, the world's most popular chip-maker, next only to its mega rival Intel, is now launching two new families of mobile chips. Based out of Sunnyvale...
You have already read about ASUS Transformer AiO P1801 and you must have been scared of the idea of carrying at 18.4 inch tablet around but now HP has taken...
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) created "Bhuvan" in 2009 - a software application to let users explore the 3D representation of the Earth, a la Google Earth. The application was...