ASUS RT-AC87 AC2400 : World's Fastest Router Does Data Transfer @ 1.73 Gbps

ASUS and Quantenna Communications had demonstrated their world's first Wave 2 802.11ac router at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2014. Quantenna Communications had said that ASUS RT-AC87 would be the first ever wireless router to sport their award winning QSR1000 4x4 multi-user multiple input multiple output (MU-MIMO) chipset. Both ASUS and Quantenna did not reveal the price and availability of the new router. Time's flown by by and we now have the world's fastest router to retail with a price tag of $269.99 in Northern America.

The router surely is pricier than the wireless networking gear most of you currently own. But the overall offering of the RT-AC87 justifies the price tag. With its four antenna, The router is capable of Universal beamforming to offer unparalleled reach and second to none speeds up to 1.73 Gbps. It means that you don't have to worry about HD streaming, super-low latency LAN gaming and bulky file sharing. There's one big advantage of the MU-MIMO technology - that it allows the router to form clusters of multiple devices which can be served simultaneously. Note that the earlier 802.11n and 802.11ac routers could only stream to one device at a time. MU-MIMO is known to enhance the overall efficiency of the Wi-Fi network by reducing the transmission's SNR (signal to noise ratio).

ASUS-RT-AC87-AC2400

The router comes with AiProtection powered by Trend Micro which monitors the overall network traffic in real time and prevents intrusions and malware before they reach your connected devices. The router ships equipped with all the regular features found in other ASUS routers like ASUSWRT, AiCloud, WebStorage etc. The AiCloud web interface can easily be accessed through dedicated Android and iOS applications.

For the time being, ASUS will continue to enjoy the status of producing the world's fastest router; but expect other players to claim the title in the next few weeks. Do let us know your thoughts on this new router.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Those of you who absolutely love to extract all the juice from their routers, may notice an interesting discussion on Best position for router antenna - and why?. Feel free to participate in the discussion.
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    wow its just amazing with these speeds i can do any thing i want!!!!! really a nice product by asus!!!!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Janusz Bryzek, Chair, Tsensors Summit shows off how sensors in devices from cellphones, to bras and shoes are turning bodies into computers. Endquote https://fora.tv/2014/04/29/Quantifie...il&utm_term=0_de23702f3b-6ced44eb6d-295725241
whenever i turn on my pc, it shows as shown in the figure... what can be done to make sure it wont come everytime i start my pc... plz help
hi everyone, i need to rotate a horizontal disc which has bevel gear, the gear ratio of which is 1, the mass of disc along with its peripherals is around...
Name: Manjeet Saini Engineering Trade:Computer Science and Engineering Location:New Delhi Occupation: Student Work Experience: fresher Hobbies & Interests: Android technologies, Hacking and software development. Aim in life: Developer and Founder....
what is the plastics gear component? where i can get more information of it?