ASUS EeeBook X205 To Compete With Google Chromebook In India

Fondly called 'reincarnation of the netbook', the new laptop from ASUS is a tough competitor to Google Chromebook. The ASUS EeeBook X205 running Windows 8.1 operating system is said to arrive in India in the last week of January. Digging up the memory, you will remember that the ASUS Eee PC series was introduced in late 2007, when it got significant media attention as it has a great combo of lightweight, Linux OS, solid-state drive (SSD) and relatively low cost. Last year at the IFA event, ASUS launched the EeeBook as a first in a series of netbooks. Well now that the netbook is ready to rock the Indian market, let's check out the specifications and features highlighted by the manufacturer.

Powered by Intel Bay Trail-T Quad Core 1.33 GHz processor, 2 GB DDR3L RAM and 32 GB eMMC, the EeeBook X205 features an 11.6 inch HD display and a VGA web camera. On the connectivity and interface front, the EeeBook brings support for Bluetooth 4.0, a microphone, two USB 2.0 ports, a micro HDMI ports and a microSD card port. The 38 whrs battery built in the system is said to add to the overall weight of the netbook, which is 0.98 kg - so it's lighter than other 11 inch notebooks in the market. The 53x53 mm pocket-sized adapter can charge the EeeBook and on single charge the notebook should run for 12 hours straight, the company claims.

ASUS-EeeBook-X205-laptop-chromebook-india-launch-features-specs
Available in 4 color options, as seen in the image above, at 17.5 mm, the EeeBook X205 is ultra-thin. The company is offering 1 year subscription of Microsoft Office 365 products on the purchase of the EeeBook, along with 500 GB of ASUS webstorage. The company is proud of the smartphone touchscreen-like precision of its notebook's touchpad and has made it 36% larger than its peers so that scrolling is easy. The front facing speakers ought to give you a good audio experience.

With that we come to the end of features on the new ASUS EeeBook. That said, we believe that even though the specs won't impress a hard-core gadget lover, but it's the product's pricing that can let it thrive in India. Given its $199 price tag in the US, we expect that the price in India for Asus EeeBook should be < Rs. 15000.

What are your thoughts on that? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I think almost every engineer who is not from CS/IT background will be asked this question by recruiters from software companies. I am an electrical engineer and when I was looking for...
Hi Kaustubh, I am a fresher and working as an QA analyst in a gaming product company from 2 months. I just wanted to know what all career options are...
Getting bored and monotonous when you build each robot in your dorm right from scratch? Here we are to make that much more easy. Kurukshetra 2015 presents a workshop on...
asokfair submitted a new project: Wireless LED Control - Control your LED/Motor using Android Mobile This is a simple project using TI MSP430 launchpad.In this project the led is going...
Most smartphones today struggle with short battery life issue. With an increase in the use of smartphones, charging them every day or multiple times a day is a necessity. Researchers...