Assembling My own PC

Hello Friends,

I am Shashidhar, need to assemble my own PC . Please suggest me which are all the good parts i can invest on. I have a list of parts like-

---ATX tower (or mid-tower) case
__ ATX Motherboard
__ CPU (with heatsink/fan)
__ RAM
__ Graphics/video card
__ Sound card
__ Hard drive(s)
__ Speakers
__ Keyboard
__ Mouse
__ Wrist rests for Keyboard/Mouse (optional)
__ Monitor
__ CD-ROM or DVD-ROM or CD-RW or CD-RW/DVD-ROM
__ Surge Protector
__ Floppy Drive (optional)
__ Zip Drive (optional)
__ Network Interface Card (optional)
__ Modem (optional)
__ FireWire/i.Link (IEEE 1394) Card (optional)
__ Printer (optional)
__ Scanner (optional)
__ Webcam (optional)

Which brand is good for all these?

Suggestions please

Thanks in advance

Shashidhar

Replies

• sriramchandrk
    sriramchandrk
    1. Define your requirement (Budget, Use, etc.,)

If its for Gaming then you have to think for Slot in mother board for Graphics card, a good graphics card, Sound card, memory etc., based on your budget.

If its for simple surfing you dont have to could plan with a budget of 15 to 20k

2. Use sites where rates are frequently updated.

Two such sites i frequently use are
    Deltapage.com Since 1995, Online Since 1997, Genuine Products Only
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Note down the price as you keep selecting
    3. Start with what processor you need based on the power.

4. Choose the mother board supporting the processor and the features required by you.

5. Choose memory card

4. Hard disk

5. DVD

6. FLOPPY DRIVE

7. MONITOR

9. Mouse/keyboard

8. CABINET (Usually the price of cabinet is inclusive of SMPS)

9. Graphics card if you have a slot and want to have it for gaming.

iterate throught the steps 1-9 until you get required system which fixes into your budget.

Tips: To select product/manufacturer always go for the one with more years of warranty.

Once you are done with all spare parts. Use your motherboard book to assemble your pc.

Thanks & Regards
    Sriram
  • shashh
    shashh
    Thanks Sriram. I will note down the prices of each by using the links which u have provided . I will do detail study & then start working on it .

Thanks & Regards
    Shashh

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, We are the engineers and we make the world a better place. Popular Mechanics recently published list of top 10 engineering innovations of year 2008. Check out the following...
Hello, I am require to write a program module to convert a Hex digit passed to it in the lower nibble of Accumulator A to its ASCII character code. The...
CEans, Inspiration to start this thread comes from watching the following video - Amy B. Smith: 2008 Breakthrough Leadership Award Read the article -> Top 10 Innovations of 2008 -...
Hello everyone. I apologize for such a long post. I'm trying to design a 1000A, DC motor controller. Basically, I'm chopping a 300V battery source into a DC motor, and...
CEan bayazidahmed celebrates 23[sup]rd[/sup] today! Here's wishing bayazidahmed 😁HapPY BirtHdaY😁 May your dreams come true! ​