Ask your questions to Mozilla Firefox engineers!

CEans!

Mozilla Foundation is known all over the world for its award-winning products: Mozilla Firefox & Mozilla Thunderbird. Tens of millions of people around the globe enjoy Mozillaโ€™s products. Mozilla revolutionized the whole Internet browsing & email experience with by introducing many innovative features in its products.

No doubt, Mozilla has team of engineers-magicians who made it possible. CE takes immense pride connecting Team Mozilla with CEans!

Wow! What I say? Yes! You read that right! Itโ€™s your golden opportunity to ask questions directly to the magicians behind Firefox! So bring out the crazy engineer inside you and shoot questions directly to the Firefox engineers!

We will be collecting questions until 25[sup]th[/sup] January. You cannot miss this opportunity!

Get started! ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• Archana Kannouj
    Archana Kannouj
    1. What is the Firefox's strongest area? And why?
    2. How the name "Firefox" came to your mind?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Archana Kannouj
    1. What is the Firefox's strongest area? And why?
    2. How the name "Firefox" came to your mind?

Good start, Archana. Looking forward to more questions [โ€‹IMG]
  • Elisa
    Elisa
    What makes Firefox more secure than its competitors?
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    1. Could you tell us more about the development challenges of the Mozilla engine considering the fact that it is one of the major open source initiatives? I am hinting towards the versioning and source control of the the entire project to be more specific.

2. Its great to see the Mozilla team to share some of their internal processes/technologies with the public. Applications like Bugzilla and Tinderbox are more than shot-in-the-arm for SMEs who are into development. What can we expect more in such collaborative technologies??

3. How best would you describe the Mozilla development life cycle? It surely cant be the waterfall model, agile maybe?

4. Could you run us through the marketing efforts of firefox and thunderbird? What specific changes in the product were made to ensure a faster adoption and a more successful referral campaign? How were the marketing weeks planned?

5. How big was the original Mozilla team?

6. How and when did the demarcation between Mozilla and Netscape happen?

7. Could you also give us more technical insights into why does Mozilla treat DOM as it does? eg - to get a certain item in IE, I can simply do a dom.. ... in FF, I have to do a Document.getElementById(). ... I have seen many a web developer getting befuddled by this difference.

8. How do you differentiate between major releases of firefox? As in, what defines that a version is 2.0.0.7 and 3.0?

9. What is with the names of all the browsers? Gran Paradiso ... we know that they are names of actual places, but ... some more information would be appreciated for all our CE + FF buffs.

OK. Thats it for now. Whew!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜

That's a fantastic collection of questions, Kidakaka. I'm sure team Mozilla will love answering them ๐Ÿ˜

Techies, what are you waiting for? Here's your golden chance to know Firefox inside out ! ๐Ÿ˜
  • crook
    crook
    Q: When I open load Firefox 2 & IE7, Firefox consumes twice as much memory as IE7. Why does this happen?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thank you everyone for contributing. [โ€‹IMG]

Surprisingly, I got many questions from CEans through email! :-o ! Come on friends, post your questions on forums, that's the best way to interact with each other.

The questions have been compiled & sent to Mozilla Team. Those of you who missed this opportunity, don't worry. We'll continue this activity in all our future interviews with big people from the amazing world of crazy-engineering.

Keep rocking!
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    I'd say to them, Opera rockss ๐Ÿ˜
  • neelanjan
    neelanjan
    please suggest me some project topics in visual basics
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜

You certainly don't want to ask "Mozilla Team" to give you seminar topics. Please post in your Project Ideas & Seminar topics section.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CEans,

I'm proud to announce that Mr. Johnathan Nightingale of from Team Mozilla has replied to the questions that you had asked!

Check out the interview on our front page - CrazyEngineers ! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd like to hear your comments on Johnathan's message to CEans -

CEan - The Big K: We thank you for taking out time to talk to us. What is your message to all Crazy Engineers?

Johnathan: Get better at failing. Trying and failing is a wonderful teaching tool, as an individual, as a company, as a worldwide software movement. Donโ€™t make failing your aim, obviously, but donโ€™t let fear stop you from trying 10 crazy ideas. The one success will pay for the 9 failures, and beats the heck out of just doing one safe, mediocre thing.
    Wonderful, isn't it? What do you have to say?
  • mahul
    mahul
    This is truly wonderful _k, i'm totally in agreement with u.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mahul
    This is truly wonderful _k, i'm totally in agreement with u.
    I hope everyone enjoyed the interview. ๐Ÿ˜€ Can we have few more replies on how you found the interview?
  • Archana Kannouj
    Archana Kannouj
    No Doubt wonderful Big K ๐Ÿ˜€

~Archana
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    #-Link-Snipped-# was one of the best i have read..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends,I am third year .I make a project on hybrid two wheeler.Any one please send a idea for two stroke and four stroke engines
hey, i want to build FM transceiver, where i will send CDMA codes to the transmitter so in the transmitter i am willing to be a FSK modulation process, then...
CEans, There are 1000s of social networking websites around. I personally know at least 20 persons who spend most of their online time making friends and connecting with people around...
Hello, I am doing a voice recognition rc car, i am already setting up the speech recognition kit which i got from here . I am looking for an rc...
dis s sathish .........from royal mech