Ask questions to wordpress creator - Matthew Mullenweg!

CEans,Engineers are known to simplify the problems common people face. Blogging was hard. CE is proud to bring you an opportunity to interact with the guy who simplified it for millions of people around the globe by creating Wordpress - the ultimate blogging engine.

Yes, Matthew Mullenweg - creator of #-Link-Snipped-#, founder of Automattic โ€“ Making the web a better place is on CE to answer your questions! Hurry up, 20[sup]th[/sup] June 2008 is the deadline!

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Wow!! This is awesome man! Though I'm using Blogger.. Wordpress is still a kick butt blog platform ๐Ÿ˜€

My questions will come soon!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    This is going to be one kick a** interview. Although I don't know what to ask, probably "whats the concept behind creating a blog?"

May be I'll come with better sensible questions. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    IMHO, "What's the concept behind creating a blog" is not a sensible question! Wordpress is a blogging engine developed by Matthew. Btw, do check out the difference between #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#.

I've few kick ass questions which I"ll add soon.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Well, here are some fast questions i always wanted to ask: ๐Ÿ˜

1. I am currently using wordpress on a server installation, specially for its simple and effective interface. I want to know, how further can the Editor be improved and what features do you think its lacking currently?

(biggie edit this please...my english...is...)

2. Whats your view on the recent wave of Wordpress hacking? do you think will WP ever be completely hack-proof?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    xheavenlyx
    2. Whats your view on the recent wave of Wordpress hacking? do you think will WP ever be completely hack-proof?
    This is a VERY GOOD question! I'm glad you asked! I'm not sure how many of us here know that recently, thousands of wordpress installations around the world were compromised by hackers. Who'd be the better person to answer this question than Matt himself! ๐Ÿ˜€

Btw, did I mention that Matt is just 24?
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    24!!! ... Wow, this is Innovation... Making something that everyone will use and be a part of and then slowly could not live without (Imagine your blog giving "Sorry our server is down!") At this age...

I dont know if this can be a question but, I'm going to shift my blog to blogger soon (!!) the only reason being, more freedom to use HTML/Java Scripts for free (WP requires independent installation on a server with PHP/SQL to add plugins, really hot plugins! And also the paid WP lets you do the same stuff on WP server itself) and Im checking rite now... on both blogs what I need and not.

But Biggie, your blog on WP is soo good! lol, specially the new theme, easy reading, unexpectedly clean too! As usually with heavy themes, everything seems confusing.
  • groups
    groups
    i am also 3rd year we shall join together to finish a project
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    groups
    i am also 3rd year we shall join together to finish a project
    Looks like you posted in the wrong thread. For projects go to -> #-Link-Snipped-#

Let's ask him -

1. How did he come up with an idea of wordpress?
    2. Why did he choose PHP/MYSQL over other options?
    3. About the team at Automattic. They recently received huge VC funding!
    4. Challenges in running virtual office [Team Automattic is spread all over the world!] May be can do something similar here on CE too ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Let's have more questions!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yo! Sorry, I just finished my exams. Busy busy! Its still 20th of June (in other parts of the world), yes? Enough time for a few more questions ๐Ÿ˜‰

- How did your interest in photography begin?

- Google has been pushing their OpenSocial platform over the past year. Where does Wordpress fit in? Will it evolve towards a more social networking system, and coexist with others like Friendster and Facebook?

- You are an advocate of the Web being open source. How soon in the future do you think this will be a reality?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Being new to blogging and not knowing anything about wordpress, I am feeling as confused as a 5 year old in a topless bar.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Yo! Sorry, I just finished my exams. Busy busy! Its still 20th of June (in other parts of the world), yes? Enough time for a few more questions ๐Ÿ˜‰

- How did your interest in photography begin?

- Google has been pushing their OpenSocial platform over the past year. Where does Wordpress fit in? Will it evolve towards a more social networking system, and coexist with others like Friendster and Facebook?

- You are an advocate of the Web being open source. How soon in the future do you think this will be a reality?
    Good questions, Ash! Yep, the deadline is extended till Sunday Morning ๐Ÿ˜‰ (That is 22nd June, 2008) ๐Ÿ˜€

@Patty : Wordpress has revolutionized the world of blogging. Thanks to Matt for creating wordpress!
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Good one Raj! ๐Ÿ˜

At least the topless bar, oops i mean blogging, is getting you interested.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys, doing the introduction thing. ๐Ÿ˜I'm a bioengineering grad student in Colorado, hoping to get a little assistance with a few esoteric side projects I've been working on, and...
overseas education 2008 England Master of Business Administration University ranking!
Hello everybody there........ today i have joined it........... its a terrific site where we can interact in a much better way i think. feeling very good about it... hav a...
CEans, We're extremely proud to have Team Innova Materials on CE. Four young engineers from University of Pennsylvania are changing the world! They want to deal with the water problems...
Friends, I saw "The Happening" today and was disappointed ๐Ÿ˜ . Probably I expected too much from Manjo Night Shyamalan. ๐Ÿ˜€ The story moves fast and the actors have done...