Ask questions to Mr. Naoya Kaneko of Kawasaki Motorcycle Engineering/Racing Team!

CEans,
Motorcycle enthusiasts - jump with joy! ๐Ÿ˜

We are extremely proud to have Mr. Naoya Kaneko, Kawasaki Motor's technical manager to answer your questions! ๐Ÿ˜€

Now get your questions about high-speed motorcycling answered by the man who's been engineering all the high-speed machines!

For details - Visit this site -

#-Link-Snipped-#

Don't be lazy or else, you'll miss out on this golden opportunity. We'll collect questions till 20[sup]th[/sup] April 2008.

Get started! ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Re: Ask questions to Kawasaki Motorcycle Engineering/Racing Team!

Wow! I bow repeated to you. Big K, I think I might have a tear of happiness. I will work on some questions for you!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

gohm
    Wow! I bow repeated to you. Big K, I think I might have a tear of happiness. I will work on some questions for you!
    ๐Ÿ˜Ž I wish I could take credit. Its our CEan-MayurPathak who got in touch with Kawasaki Motor team for us.

All said, this is one great opportunity that we all have. Where else would you get a chance to get your questions answered from the people who actually bring you the super-biking! ๐Ÿ˜€

I've few questions too. I'll post them shortly.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88

My question to the team is :- As a professional racing team what measures do you take to win a race? I mean all the home work about the other team, the circuit etc. What do you do keep yourself 2 steps ahead of everyone before the race starts?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88

My next question :- This may sound stupid but i always wanted to ask this question. There are many professional racing teams in the GP that have a lot of experience, but i have seen that sometimes one team completely dominates the season. What are the reasons of this? The other teams are not fools. What is the factor that influences this dominance the most, is it the driver, the engineers, the support crew etc. Everyone is important i know but what is the most important?
  • gohm
    gohm

What strategies will their team be using to assist Team Kawasaki in improving in manufactures points in moto gp this season?

What developments does Mr. Kaneko see working into production motorcycles in the next 5-10 years? Does he invision traction control on production machines?

(and thank you to MayurPathak!) ๐Ÿ˜
  • just2rock
    just2rock

wow Bikes....n...kawasaki..love HayaBusa..riding!
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88

just2rock
    wow Bikes....n...kawasaki..love HayaBusa..riding!
    Hayabusa is Suzuki not Kawasaki:roll:
  • gohm
    gohm

raj87verma88
    Hayabusa is Suzuki not Kawasaki:roll:
    Lol, you beat me to that response!
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88

Tell us about the New ZX-10R? What are the major changes from the 2003 and 2005 models?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88

With ZX-R10 Kawasaki had expectations to win the best superbike prize(as read in some auto magazines). The 2003 model was beaten by Suzuki's GSX-R1000 and in 2005 Honda Fireblade was leading the pack. What are the expectations of Honda from the 2008 model? What were the challenges faced to upgrade a superbike to even higher standards?
  • gohm
    gohm

For those who may not know, please discuss the technical diferential details between moto gp racing bikes and superbike/supersport bikes?

How did you get involved with moto gp racing?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88

Is it that Gohm and me are the only persons on the whole forum who have questions for the people at Kawasaki?? Come on guys, show some enthusiasm, i know many here are bike freaks.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

๐Ÿ˜”

Unfortunately, that's the sad story. We didn't receive good response to our "Ask questions to CTO of Wikipedia" thread either ๐Ÿ˜”

CEans! Wake Up!

You WON'T get such opportunities elsewhere!
  • gohm
    gohm

Let me check my pocket for some smelling salts, laugh. These Q & A sessions are indeed a great opportunity. Even as an AMA racer, I would never have the opportunity to speak with motogp engineering! Add to that the myriad of other great guests we have access to thanks to this site.

My last question for the Kawi motogp racing team is... can I have a job, any job on the team??!! laugh! What an amazing career they have.

The_Big_K
    ๐Ÿ˜”

Unfortunately, that's the sad story. We didn't receive good response to our "Ask questions to CTO of Wikipedia" thread either ๐Ÿ˜”

CEans! Wake Up!

You WON'T get such opportunities elsewhere!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

Er.. I know of a "rossi" in MotoGP.. ๐Ÿ˜›

Lets see.. how do you optimize the performances of the bikes? Do you use computer software to simulate new designs (whether to body work or mechanical parts)?
  • gohm
    gohm

When is this great interview planning to take place?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

I'm so sorry for this ๐Ÿ˜” . Our editor got busy (marriage+honeymoon) and he asked me to do the small talk on his behalf. I failed at that, damn.

Ash helped me today with the questions and I'll be sending the questionnaire tonight.

I hope we'll have the responses soon. But if not, you know who to blame ๐Ÿ˜”
  • gohm
    gohm

No worries!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Okay, here's the Good News for each one of us. I just received Mr. Kaneko's response to our questionnaire and its simply amazing! ๐Ÿ˜

But you all will have to wait till we publish it on CE's Small Talk. Muwahahah ๐Ÿ˜

(Am I evil? ๐Ÿ˜ )
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88

Publish it biggie. Why make us wait. I swear if i die because of the waiting i will haunt you forever ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

raj87verma88
    Publish it biggie. Why make us wait. I swear if i die because of the waiting i will haunt you forever ๐Ÿ˜›
    What could be more dangerous in this world than the specter of a Crazy Engineer :shifty:

Hold on guys, we need some gap between each of the Small Talks. Oh yes, I forgot to mention, few cool Small Talks lined up!

Let me find a suitable date for this Small Talk. But one thing is sure, we have one more big name on our Small Talk!

[Btw, I worked on the 'Small Talk' section (few cosmetic changes here & there)] of our portal.

[โ€‹IMG] While reading the responses, I realized one thing - We truly have unique type of questions & answers in our Small Talks. We all rock!
  • gohm
    gohm

You must be joking, we have to wait & be patient to read this??!! I don't think that is possible.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

*sigh* mechanical engineers are an impatient lot indeed.

๐Ÿ˜›
  • gohm
    gohm

who?? us?? (looking around the forum with a look of innocence on my face)

๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Oh, fellas, have some patience. Even I can't wait to take it live. However, we all must wait ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak

Hi Fellas,

Sorry for rejoining after the looooooong gap. I guess biggie has already broken the reason.

Nice to see a response on the Kawasaki thread, my follow up paying a result at last. But guys I'm a bit disappointed looking at the people who responded. Its very sad to see the same names popping up every time. Some thing needs to be done about it.

I mean, its Kawasaki man and still such a response? Now after Mechanical, you have a civil engineer getting impatient. ๐Ÿ˜€

Anyway, biggie, I think its high time we had our editorial meet. Lets fix a time very soon. And let some one voluntarily take responsibility of coordinating the meet nad ensuring the turn out.

Cheers!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Hey Mayur, welcome back. Will you please tell us where were you ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜

Sure, we'll host an online meet soon. I hope xHx will be free soon. He's busy with exams.

I'll take the responsibility of setting up the conference.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

The wait is over, fellas! Mr. Naoya Kaneko is on the front page of CE!

#-Link-Snipped-#

Way to go! ๐Ÿ˜
  • gohm
    gohm

Sweet!! thank you thank you thank you! laugh. I've already read it three times.

The_Big_K
    The wait is over, fellas! Mr. Naoya Kaneko is on the front page of CE!

#-Link-Snipped-#

Way to go! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Wow - this is new to me ! -

CEan - Ash: Can you give us a brief overview of what it takes to design a high performance bike? What are various stages involved from concept to production?

Mr. Kaneko: Most of the design of a machine is based around the tyre and firstly we find out what the grip limit is for the type of tyre we'll be using to race with. We then take into consideration the weight distribution and power delivery to decide the best machine concept to work with the tyre, and gradually build our ideas from there.
    Amazing! What say fellas?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88

Thats new for me too. A great interview Biggie. Thanks for having him here.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak

Yes, even I was surprised when we got that answer. But I guess there is great logic behind that too. After all the on road performance of a really good engine is all because of the tyres. What else?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Yeah, of course tyres are important. But they are majorly responsible for the design of the bike is really surprizing!

Motorcycle enthusiasts & Automobile engineers can enlighten us more here.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends, I too have a problem with my PC..Sometimes when i'm working my PC suddenly gets off(shutting down)on its own..I was advised to format my system..I would like to...
hi all i m electronics and communication engineer Er Avishake Attri and ready to get crazy with all you guys
hey can anyone please help me where i can get the slides (ppt) on evolution of electonics and communication please reply ASAP as i need this urgently i will b...
HI there...Iam a 1st year Electrical engineering student.My friends and I wanted to do a project on Electric cars...n' i was assigned with it's Battery part...I had an Idea o'...
CEans, Ever since CE started, we've been following the No-SMS-Text policy on our forums. Despite all efforts, we continue to get posts full of abbrivations (and I believe they are...