Ask Bjarne Stroustrup - The inventor of C++ programming language

CEans,

This is no doubt a great opportunity for each one of you! Mr. Bjarne Stroustrup, the inventor of C++ programming language has agreed for a Small Talk with CrazyEngineers! ๐Ÿ˜

Now, don't waste time. Shoot all your questions directly to him in this thread. I will collect the questions posted in this thread and include them in our questionnaire for Mr. Stroustrup!

More information about Mr. Bjarne Stroustrup -

Bjarne Stroustrup - Wikipedia

#-Link-Snipped-#

Don't miss this once-in-lifetime opportunity! Its exclusively for you, CEans!

Get started, post your questions in this thread!

Replies

• Kartik Vyas
    Kartik Vyas
    What made you think beyond C and go for an object oriented approach?
  • Elisa
    Elisa
    Thank you big K!

What are practical difficulties in designing a new programming language?

I hope my question will be included!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    KGV
    What made you think beyond C and go for an object oriented approach?
    Elisa
    Thank you big K!

What are practical difficulties in designing a new programming language?

I hope my question will be included!
    Good going KGV & Elisa!

We will gather all the questions from CEans for next 3 days.
  • crook
    crook
    If you were to rewrite (redesign) C++ from scratch, what changes would you make? ๐Ÿ˜

I think this is a good question. Biggie, please include it in the list.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Awesome .. Stroustrup ๐Ÿ˜€ .. nice going BIggie

1. What do you see beyond OOP?
    2. If OOP has still not lost its steam, then are we to see a new generation of hardware designed only for OO compiling?
    3. In most engineering colleges, they first teach C, then C++ ... I generally found C++ the more easier to learn ... so should C be phased out for those who have just started to learn the basics of coding?
    4. Seeing your baby take on such magnificent proportions, how does it feel as its creator?
    5. Can there be a C for the Web? If there was, how would it be different from C with Classes ๐Ÿ˜€
  • suyash
    suyash
    Please try to include this one too, if possible, ๐Ÿ˜‰

"When I started learning C and C++, I was told the importance of these programming languages in designing operating systems...
    what is the status of their usage in the creation of modern OS's like various free distri's (linux) and MS Vista ??
    are they having the same contribution in the development sector??"
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Great going guys, I'll send out the questionnaire to Mr. Stroustrup by tomorrow ( 12[sup]th[/sup] January). If anyone wants to add questions, please do so as soon as possible.
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    - When someone like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs say "Use C++" no C#, C or AppleScript?

- What Operating system you're using for personal/ work uses?

- What basics I must have to make programming language?

- Is Operating Systems market closed now, Only limited for Microsoft, Apple & Unix-like systems anyone will make operating system will die? or there's still a chance?

- Will humanity someday create something to replace Von Neumann Architecture, which means new standards in every single digital bit in the world?

- Have you ever heard about Egypt in software domain or you know Egyptian Software pioneers?
  • Ruhi
    Ruhi
    Whats next after C++?

Are you going to invent anything new after objects?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks to KGV, Crook, Elisa, Kidakaka, Suyash, Maro & Ruhi! ๐Ÿ˜

The questionnaire has been finalized.

All said & done, I'll work on taking 'Small Talk withDr. Bjarne Stroustrup' live on CE as soon as possible.Those who missed the chance, do not worry. CE is here to stay! In fact, we'll have a group of super crazy engineers to answer your questions from a group that has changed the world!

I can't let the secrets out; just develop more addiction towards CrazyEngineers and wait. ๐Ÿ˜
  • rajshree
    rajshree
    hello sir,
    i want to ask one simple query like " why some pc shut down while running 'c' program.please give me the answer as early as possible.
    Thank you.
  • asit verma
    asit verma
    what sequence of books should be followed to become c++ experts
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Friends,

This activity is already over & the questionnaire has been sent to Mr. Stroustrup.

Don't lose heart! Watch out for similar threads in coming days ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CEans,

As promised, Small Talk with Dr. Bjarne Stroustrup is now live on CrazyEngineers ๐Ÿ˜ !

Here's the link -

#-Link-Snipped-#

Do tell your friends about the Small Talk and help us spread the word ๐Ÿ˜

Discussions regarding Dr. Stroustrup's answers in this thread itself.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Its great to see someone as famous as Dr. Stroustrup be so down to earth and so forthcoming about the language.

Thanks Biggie!

Just a question here, can we do something in return for Dr. Stroustrup? Can we take his feedback back to the colleges/universities that decide the syllabus for students?

Its the one very actionable thing we can do to ensure that life for future students is easier learning C++ at the very start of their careers.

What say?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kidakaka
    Its great to see someone as famous as Dr. Stroustrup be so down to earth and so forthcoming about the language.

Thanks Biggie!

Just a question here, can we do something in return for Dr. Stroustrup? Can we take his feedback back to the colleges/universities that decide the syllabus for students?

Its the one very actionable thing we can do to ensure that life for future students is easier learning C++ at the very start of their careers.

What say?
    That's a really great idea! I'm game for it. How do you suggest we should go forward with it? What do other CEans think?
  • Elisa
    Elisa
    The_Big_K
    CEans,

As promised, Small Talk with Dr. Bjarne Stroustrup is now live on CrazyEngineers ๐Ÿ˜ !

Here's the link -

#-Link-Snipped-#

Do tell your friends about the Small Talk and help us spread the word ๐Ÿ˜

Discussions regarding Dr. Stroustrup's answers in this thread itself.
    Thank you for the opportunity!
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Thank you very much Big K & Thanks to Dr. Stroustrup ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, I think following information might be useful to you. Windows Vista does not let you mess with the hosts file located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ (even if you are logged in...
CEans, I was wondering if anyone among us can do a review of happenings at Mood I (IIT Bombay)? I'm sure it will be interesting to know what's going on...
hiiiiiiii there everybody im a 3rd year CS student n i need a good topic for my seminar.. 3-4 would be better .....I have to present a seminar of about...
Hello to everyone ๐Ÿ˜ this is velavan from chennai. I am new to this site, i think that it will be good to interact with u all
i need a very latest topic for seminar which is related to computer science tachnology