ASCmeI.T. App Helps People With Autism Influence Tech Solutions

A team of researchers from the University of Sussex and University of Southampton have built an interesting new solution to get inputs from people with autism so that they become the ones to suggest ideas about the kind of solutions they need developed by the best brains in town. The team has achieved this by creating a new, free-to-use mobile app called 'ASCmeI.T.' that is available on both Google Play Store for Android and iTunes store for Apple devices. The app lets those with Autism Spectrum Conditions to share ideas on what kind of technologies could help them best in tackling day-to-day problems they face. The ASCmeI.T. app can also be used by the families of autistic patients as well as teachers and other professionals who support someone with autism.

ASCmeITI-App-Autism

The app lets users upload one minute long videos where they talk about their idea that can make their own life a bit easier. These ideas can give suggestions about new technology, service transitions or delivery.

It turns out that around one in every hundred in the UK is living with autism. Compared to that, the number of solutions being developed to cater to their problems is significantly less. Therefore, there's a dire need for such an app to exist.

What are your thoughts about such an app being made available globally? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lenovo is trying to revive the phablet market in India with the arrival of Lenovo Phab Plus. The Lenovo Phab Plus was launched at IFA 2015 in the month of...
Sir, I have 62 % in my 10th, 52 % in my 12th and 48 % in my btech(due to some personal problem with clg) so wat is the best...
American company InFocus has announced a new Android smartphone called 'InFocus M370' that is going on sale in India at Rs. 5999 on 9th October. Available in two colour variants...
Wishing CEan @Saandeep Sreerambatla a very happy birthday. May all your dreams and wishes come true. Have a rocking year ahead.
A friend shared this video with me telling me how hard it is for her to maintain work life balance. All work, No Play - she wrote as the caption....