As It Turns Out Ellen’s Selfie Did Something Good

Everyone is talking about the fact how Ellen Degeneres’ Hollywood celebrity selfie at the Oscars broke Twitter records. The ‘selfie’ (self portrait) shot by Bradley Cooper starred Meryl Streep, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Kevin Spacey, Jennifer Lawrence, Lupita Nyong’o and of course Ellen Degeneres. After the impromptu photo shoot, she asked the viewers worldwide to make it the most retweeted tweet ever and you know what fans across the world hit Twitter and started retweeting it so fast that it managed to crash the website for a few moments. Twitter went on record and said that the Ellen’s stunt had managed to increase her daily increment in Twitter followers up to 47 times. The photo has been retweeted 3,121,814 times and favortited by 1,709,251 users.

Ellen

So what exactly was the outcome of this? Well apart from the record, Samsung has decided to make a donation to two charities of Ellen’s choice. St Jude’s and the Humane Society will be receiving 1.5 million dollars each. So something good actually turned out of this.

Source: Samsung To Donate $3M To Charities Chosen By Ellen, Says It Was Included "Organically" In Her Oscar Selfie • TechCrunch

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have to submit a project on march. please look this video I am interested about this project :Electricity generator by using rain water. but i have some question in...
British car maker Jaguar has officially announced the name of its long awaited compact sports sedan to be Jaguar XE. It will be powered with a new generation of Ingenium...
We look at the fastest and the best DNS servers available for India. Faster DNS allows for faster browsing on mobile and faster gaming.
We've all had that occasion where... Well... The below has happened. Ever happened to you folks? 😁
Microsoft will be adding new software and capabilities to Office 365 in an attempt to make a "smarter" product to help people interact at work. The major update will be...