View Feed
group-icon
Career Help for All
If you've a question or doubts related to career, ask them here. If you can help others make right career decisions, join in!
258 Members
Join this group to post and comment.

As a senior engineer, what are the two biggest challenges your dealing with?

Hi everyone, I'm Claes from Sweden, an electrical engineer with +5 years experience at a tech company. I've started to struggle with lack of motivation and interest after have being promoted to manager at my company. I feel that this shift has killed my interest in engineering, and I even question myself if I want to work as an engineer in the future. It is too much stress, I feel exploited by my boss, and I'm working with stuff that doesn't give me meaning and purpose.

I want to know if there's engineers out there in a similar situation. What are your biggest issues with your engineering career, and how are you addressing them? And regarding your career, what would you wish for more than anything else?

It would be nice to get some perspective on this, so I can make better decisions about my career ahead.

Warmest regards, Claes

Found this in Pocket:

How are you supposed to be confident about something when you have nothing to feel confident about?

Like, how are you supposed to be confident at your new job if you’ve never done this type of work before? 

How to Be Confident (When You Don’t Have Anything to Be Confident About) - Mark Manson - Pocket 

You may find some sense in it.

This is my sixtieth year of continuous work as a multi disciplinary engineer. It gets into the blood. You can’t but be an engineer. Assuming that you got into it because you wanted to. Of course there will be setbacks, technical as well as interpersonal. If you fall, struggle up and get back with a limp perhaps. Believe in yourself and get going. 

It will be well sooner than later.

Thank you so much support! I will look into it! 

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Oct 16, 2019

Five years is a long time; I've seen people getting bored in just about 2 years if the work is not exciting. How about switching your job and finding a new one? 

Share this content on your social channels -