Artifical Intelligence and Jarvis

Jarvis is the A.I. computer program which runs the internal systems of the protagonist Tony Stark's home in the movie IronMan. It is an extremely interactive software which not only recognizes speech patterns but also converses freely.

Although, a lot of work has been done in the advancement of speech recognition softwares, there is still lot of scope to create an interactive A.I. medium like the one in the movie.

How much do you think this field can further advance and what are your ideas? spill and share!

PS- refer: Iron Man (Film)
and better still grab the movie. It is AWESOME!

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Iron Man is truly an inspiration for crazy engineers ๐Ÿ˜€ Got a lot of projects in line after watching it!

Well, that kind of A.I will still take a while to develop. Easy to portray in the movie, but hard to pull it off. Lets try to put this in practical sense. To us, Jarvis is quite an advanced A.I with its own personality. But perhaps it is just a program with advanced recognition, learning neural network and response algorithms.

So for example... if Tony Stark asks to check air traffic control, the program recognizes that command with the specific keywords to check the traffic. In terms of response, the program would have been trained to give the useful outputs depending on the situation (when Tony preps to fly), so out of the thousand possible parameters air traffic control could provide, the program only says the useful ones in a user friendly way. So, perhaps in the algorithm the conditional function AeronauticalPresence (int planes) < 3 is true, program would tell Tony Stark "Sir, the air is clear. Its a good time to fly".

I guess those studying robotics or mechatronics can chip in more about neural networks. Quite easy to implement once you understand the concepts.

I would certainly want to develop a program and teach it ๐Ÿ˜€
  • gohm
    gohm
    Bonus points to anyone who knows where the name Jarvis came from
  • smita89
    smita89
    Jarvis is the name of the butler in the original Avenger series of marvel comics.

Is that the answer gohm?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    It is related to that character, though in the movie.. JARVIS is an acronym for Just A Rather Very Intelligent System ๐Ÿ˜›

source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Anyway, anyone want to have a go at creating a primitive version of JARVIS? Forget neural networks and all that.. just have it recognize voice commands, aggregate data from somewhere, and have speech synthesis capabilities. Could end up as an interesting CrazyEngineers project ๐Ÿ˜€
  • smita89
    smita89
    Oh thats an amazing idea ash! I'm definitely all up for it! I'm still struggling for an idea for my final year project as it is ๐Ÿ˜

What do you think do we need for such a system?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, We are accepting guest posts/articles for CrazyEngineers official blog - "VoiCE". If you wish to contribute and be on the front page of CE ๐Ÿ˜€ , please read the...
Discuss the announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...ing-articles-blog-posts-ce-official-blog.html in this thread.
Every engineer has had his/her fill of labs in the entire 4 years of engineering studies: ED, Workshop, Electronics labs, electrical labs, computer labs and so on. We have also...
is there any difference between writing and burning ???๐Ÿ˜Ž
Small Talk Link: Gerard Beekmans โ€“ Building Linux From Scratch - CrazyEngineers Interview Credits: CEan - Durga Discuss the interview in this thread! ๐Ÿ˜€