Armed with 3-D Printers, Amateurs Challenge the Medtech Paradigm

Quote:
The phenomenon of 3-D printing is allowing medical device makers to do amazing things, as showcased by the recent FDA approval of the first #-Link-Snipped-#. But this technology is also putting the tools of the trade in the hands of amateurs who are forgoing expensive, commercially produced medical devices in favor of their own 3-D printed inventions.
Here’s a look at five amateurs who are using 3-D printers to give medical device professionals a run for their money.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

WhatsApp has been showing the nasty "Failed. Out of memory. Please try again later." error message whenever I send multiple photos to a group or any of my content. After...
Story of a roadside corn roaster and his passion towards technology. ^ Shot by Subhash G.
I am Priya Tanwar pursuing my graduation in IT. Programming skill: Android,Java, C#, vb.net, Haskell, C++, C. Other skill: web development,Photoshop,sketching portraits. Location: India. Work Experience: worked as an intern...
The role of percentage criteria/cutoffs in getting a job and building a successful career. My marks are as follows: SSC 84% HSC 78% B.Tech. aggregate of 8 semesters 57% B.Tech....
Shubham25 submitted a new project: An Intelligible Scrum Implementation for Project Monitoring - Agile Scrum Method The project is very new based on International conference paper 2013. It is basically...