ARION1 : The Capsule-Shaped Bicycle That Registers A Max Speed of 90MPH

Arion1, the streamlined capsule-shaped velocipede seems to be inspired by a futuristic science-fiction movie, and boasts an epic pedal power of 90mph - seriously, the fastest bicycle ever (earlier record was set by a Dutch team in 2012, where they registered 83.1mph). Designed by the students of Liverpool University, Arion1 shall be going to the World Human Powered Speed Challenge in Battle Mountain, Nevada, in September next year. Team lead Ben Hogan stated that the project was no simple undertaking, but having developed in six months, this has been a great achievement.

1 2 3

Paddling through city streets won't be a piece of cake on this exquisite piece of vehicular engineering, which is entirely encased in a carbon-fiber outer frame that offers the rider a view of what lies ahead via a camera and a computer monitor. The rider then rides the contraption - which the developers claims is 40x more aerodynamic compared to Bugatti Veyron - in a recumbent stance just a few centimeters above ground.

The Liverpool team believes that the prototype shall be out within an year, before the World Human Powered Speed Challenge in Nevada, where they can etch their name in history books.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Doesn't look like a bicycle at all. The main question is - how do you get in 😉
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Doesn't look like a bicycle at all. The main question is - how do you get in 😉
    I second you on this; even I did not like this.
    I know engineering is going crazy, still 90 mph from a bicycle seems bizarre to me.
  • Purnendra
    Purnendra
    i do'nt think its easy to made in real..
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Its for record purpose only and not for common use.I hate engineering this type of things that has no real purpose in it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The entire tech community has been waiting for this phone's launch and here it is - The OnePlus One phone. The company which believes that as a consumer you should...
Hi CEans. Its a good news especially for students that IT Giant of the world Major Microsoft has partnered with likes of HP and Pearson to launch a new tablet...
WordPress arguably is one of the best content management systems available, used by millions of blogs, websites and e-commerce portals. The CMS has attracted several developers; from the beginners to...
BSNL Selfcare Login: https://selfcare.wdc.bsnl.co.in/irj/portal seems to be flawd. I've been trying to get through the login window for the past 20 minutes but all my efforts have been fruitless. For...
Lytro, the company that amazed us all by its first one-of-its-kind boxy camera released in 2012. And now it is back in action by launching its new light-field camera called...