Are you liking new WhatsApp Status feature?

Got the new 'status' feature enabled on my phone and I'm not seeing the point. Maybe because I'm on the wrong side of 35 already 😕; but I was pretty happy with regular text based statuses. Apparently WhatsApp too knows that not many will like this feature: #-Link-Snipped-#

What about you?

Replies

• Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    No I do not like the new WhatsApp status.

The WhatsApp status revamp has been aimed at making the app more social in nature. You will now be forced to put a new status every 24 hours so that your contact list can know what you are up to. The Status also has narcissistic appeasement feature as how many users have seen your status. Thankfully, there is no ‘like’ option otherwise that would have been just worse.

I would like to point out that unlike SnapChat which is a messaging tool for the millennials, WhatsApp is used by people of all ages and they do not like having this complicated concept of live stories. Plus videos in Status update consumes more data. Let’s wait till tagline feature is brought back to us within a few weeks.
  • Mohammed Afroz
    Mohammed Afroz
    nope👎
  • Kamlesh Vora
    Kamlesh Vora
    I think Whatsapp status is win-win for both user and facebook.

When user can enjoy sharing daily ongoing life events pics, vid or gif with editing feature and without worrying about privacy(saving) concerns. Its a total combination of all other IM, and Social media apps. However facebook will get all user's exact information like location, time, mood etc from the pictures uploaded. And that will be used for targeted advertisements.

When Whatsapp is becoming essential messaging and social app for general people. It is a tool for facebook to collect data.

Well now Whatsapp should add two more feature like message retraction and stickers from BBM. 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nowadays, every smartphone user has sensitive content stored on their device which they would rather keep private from prying eyes. It is hard to do so on an Android device...
for my innovative project,i was thinking for prevention of road accidents if some material is placed in the front area of vehicle which when pressurized ,leads to a chemical reaction...
The International Telecommunications Union (ITU) has recently published an almost final draft of the 5G specs that defines how the fifth generation of communication is going to be. While 4G...
The Mobile World Congress has begun at Barcelona and so have the new smartphone launches. Today we saw the launch of LG’s new flagship smartphone, the LG G6. The LG...
Huawei was next in line to launch its new flagship offerings at the Mobile World Congress 2017. The smartphone manufacturer wanted to build camera-centric smartphones and that is where its...