ARE Vegetarians getting EXTINCT??

Hey guys, Am a Vegetarian, being so the following instances to worth to remember.

1. It happened in the college, HOSTEL DAY function. Hostel day had a huge menu but only a meager for Vegetarians. Whats worse is, our hostel dining hall contains more than 100+ tables out of which only two were allotted for Veggies. That gives a rough calculation that less than 2% of the hostel strength (800+) were vegetarians !!!!!

2. Being working in a corporate (L&T) now, its obvious that it happens to meet Suppliers & Customers & have a formal meal or dinner with them. And whenever i say ' I am a vegetarian' they all stare at me as if i am an ALIEN!!!!!

There are a lot more.... the above two are just samples.

Replies

• sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    I am a veggie too..
    They are not exactly getting extinct.. Those who have learned to survive in opposite conditions are still vegetarians.
    I see some of people start eating non-veg just because they feel insulted among friends who are non-vegetarians.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm a veggie, a teetotaller, a cricket non-follower & non facebooker; which makes my social acceptance almost equal to zero. I've been to places where I was the only veggie and I thought it was cool.

What's worrying you? Enjoy the special attention you get.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Mine is a Tamil Brahmin corporate entity. Lunch at office is a strict South Indian vegetarian one with full four courses.
    Being the group's HQ, we get a lot of foreign visitors (buyers, collaborators, partners and such). Willy nilly all are fed the same lunch. Die hard NVs are banished to a hotel lunch.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I am a veggie and no one ever wondered why I am so. They feel amused when I say I never felt like eating meat.
    Its okay, no one is extinct. We are just undercover.
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    i'm Veggie too. Veggies will be there as long as Indian tradition is going to survive.
    With the cities turning multicultural, you can say that custom of vegetarianism is endangered. But will never attain extinct state.

Even i have the experiences like #-Link-Snipped-# 's . #-Link-Snipped-# , you're in my club. Even i don't follow cricket and i'm not on facebook. Lucky #-Link-Snipped-# , sometime veggies are forced to eat NV food in such circumstances.
  • kushalbansal
    kushalbansal
    i am also vegeterian.My friends force me to eat non-veg.But i simply refuse
    and eat veg along with them.

It depends on our intrest whether to eat or not. Also a veggie will be healthy as non vegeterian .
  • PuneetVerma
    PuneetVerma
    I am also veggie and proud to be. My friend in our flat do have non veg food sometimes but I don't and I think if you have will, it doesn't matter how much others force you, you can stay away from no veg food or even drinks etc..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i would like to start a new discussion on how to know and what are the best ways to learn autocad more quickly and efficiently and some in detailed analysis...
Why February have 28 days why not some other months?
Joachin Kempin ex-VP of Windows sales at Microsoft from 1983 to 2003 claimed in an interview with IGN that "Microsoft only entered console market because Sony refused to work with...
(Sent by friend Asif Adheni) Nicéphore Niépce was the French inventor of photography. His present day countryman Nicolas Chorier has invented an eco-friendly way for astounding aerial photography. Here are...
what are the demanding courses now a days for ece students for doing m.tech and other short term courses which is helpful to enter in acore electronics company