Are Tuitions Required For Any CS Subject?

i am going to my second year computers engineering i wanted to know that if tutions are required for any subjects and if hard can i do them on my own (Mumbai university)

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    Re: tutions

I dont think you need tutions for any subject in engineering. You can cover them yourself, provided you work a little harder...๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Randolph Pereira
    i am going to my second year computers engineering i wanted to know that if tutions are required for any subjects and if hard can i do them on my own (Mumbai university)
    There can't be generic reply to your query. I personally recommend not opting for any tuition class and insist more on self-study. If you face any difficulty in any of your subject, you can always discuss it here with fellow CEans without spending a buck. Plus, some of our engineers, I bet, are far more talented than tuition class teachers ๐Ÿ‘
  • Randolph Pereira
    Randolph Pereira
    Re: tutions

thanx nicepeeyush for ur advice
  • Randolph Pereira
    Randolph Pereira
    thanks
    the-big-k too
  • complearner
    complearner
    Well if you have good cs background than you will cover the topic.But if you are not than please join the tuition classes because you must have firm hand on core subjects and cs has more mind work than other.
    And join only that classes which provides you the practical knowledge along with theory because cs is about practical more than theory.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    @complearner: I dont agree with you, with CS theory is as important as practical, and i wud say its even more imp. There is no sense in being a programmer if you dont know the concepts of algorithms, there is no sense is designing a software if you dont know about documentation and there is no sense in learning about programming languages if you dont know the concepts of automata theory.

P.S: Correct me if i am wrong.
  • complearner
    complearner
    @nicepeeyush: hey buddy why you are taking practical as programming only. Practical covers all the operations of theory in whatever sense it is. But you are right theory is important in every subject but in computer field without applying a theroy , you can't do any progress. And i must tell you that theory and its applications differs a lot.
    And what i wanted to state that practical makes your theory concept more strong.And in tuition classes what happens,teachers only focuses on theory and not on practical. For ex. if you are learning networking, why not to make programs and hardware connections side by side which makes your concepts more perfect.Because in real world practical applications work .
  • BCA_GIRL
    BCA_GIRL
    No need of tutions. Just keep in mind when u study, that concept should be clear. Study for your better knowledge, not only to get marks. All the best for your golder future. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    A few days ago, I went to pick my sister from Tuition class. Since I saw her the tuition teacher, I asked him, how was she studying? He reply she is good only teach her some LCM.

I thought, if I have to teach her maths apart from her regular classes, why go for tuition then? We got the admission cancelled.

To be frank, I used to go to tuition but have not gone for it since last 3 years of engineering. Though I score low ( less than 60%) still I believe I have more knowledge (practical) than my studious (theory oriented) friends.

Hope that gives you a clear idea. To be more clear-> Do not opt for tuition.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    @complearner: Exactly, its theory which you apply in practial. Neways, it looks like we are saying the same thing in different form...๐Ÿ˜€.
    The bottom line is normally tuition doenst help in engineering as they cant provide you application with theory.
  • complearner
    complearner
    @nicepeeyush: great you understand what i want to say. just join the classes which provides you both theory and practical knowedge.
  • king99
    king99
    My suggestion is that understand basic fundamentals and tricks of programming language in practicals , try to reverse engineer program to know how it works and try to learn from them . In this way you would understand basic programming skills and art of writing programs . Sometimes tuition helps when we are stuck in a problem and a adviser is needed to guide us but you have to study afterall on your own .

king99
  • Randolph Pereira
    Randolph Pereira
    guys thanks for ur advice which i have taken into consideration and i believe i have the potential and i would not being going for classes
    thanks once again
  • synergynext
    synergynext
    Engineers don't need tution. ๐Ÿ˜
    just need to focus and have self belief. anyways getting marks in Mumbai univeristy is difficult and rare, regardless of one takes tution or not. so better build concepts on your own and ask questions in class.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Some subjects like Principles of Compiler Design and Design and Analysis of Algorithms in Comp Sci are difficult. So, just check out the syllabi. See if you can handle it. Best option is to avoid going for tuitions... ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

[video=youtube;pD2GFgpLWQI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD2GFgpLWQI[/video] impersonate๐Ÿ˜›
I overheard a group of people talking about advantages of opening an office in Singapore. The discussion was on the lines of the ease of process, giving an 'international' feel...
hey all crazy frnds ๐Ÿ˜€ I just did my B.Tech in civil engineering from IIT Roorkee. I have received an offer of MS in hydrology in University of California, Davis...
The first windows based Nokia phone is named Sea Ray Check this out Sea Ray: Nokia's Ist Windows Phone Revealed
I had a 2 hour long meeting attended by successful entrepreneurs and budding entrepreneurs. I also got a chance to interact with couple of successful entrepreneurs. I figured out that...