Are there any ultrasonic cleaner innovative ideas?

i am doing my final year project on ultrasonic cleaning.It uses ultrasonic waves to clean up fruits metals clothes etc.The material to be cleaned is placed under water along with ultrasonic transducer that produce the wave.But now i came to know that such a product is available .So i was thinking of doing some thing interesting on the same .PLEASE SUGGEST ME SOME IDEAS

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

I have been using US cleaning for decades. Actually we use different sizes and types of these devices many times in daily production.

It is a very mature process. So much work is going on by companies that are in the market that it is doubtful that it can be worthwhile to take it up as a final year project.

Lot of work is being done on medical application of ultra sound. See if anything is possible in that:

Focused Ultrasound and Intranasal Drug Delivery for Brain Cancer Therapy

#-Link-Snipped-#

• Hamlin Sunny
    Hamlin Sunny

I will look into it.Thank you

• Hamlin Sunny
    Hamlin Sunny

Focused Ultrasound and Intranasal Drug Delivery for Brain Cancer Therapy    

I am an electronics students so i an not confident that i can go with the topic u suggested

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Even cleaning is a physics chemical process quite far from electronics. Even if you take that up, most of the work will be non electronic.

Non Destructive Testing using US may be worthwhile looking into:

#-Link-Snipped-#

• Hamlin Sunny
    Hamlin Sunny

Please suggest me some topics that i can do project on

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

On ultrasonics?

The problem with the use of ultrasonics is the transducer that delivers the mechanical vibrations to the point of use. Quite a bit of mechanical design and precision machining will be involved, which will take up lot of time and resources.

If you have access to an ultrasonic cleaner and are allowed to experiment with it, you can perhaps try the effect of varying the frequency and it’s effect on the cleaning process. Or a cyclically varying frequency from 20 KHz to 40 KHz and back on the effectiveness of cleaning.

The project’s output will be the electronics required to achieve such variability.

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

You can perhaps visit the Bio Medical Technology Wing of Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Science and Technology at Trivandrum and discuss issues on ultrasonic cleaning of medical devices with the scientists there. 

Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum (SCTIMST)

• Hamlin Sunny
    Hamlin Sunny

Thank you

• Hamlin Sunny
    Hamlin Sunny

#-Link-Snipped-# 

Can i use ultrasonic waves for crack detection of underground pipes

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

You can. See here:

#-Link-Snipped-#

• Hamlin Sunny
    Hamlin Sunny

could you please suggest me a topic based on machine learning

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In this journal paper they mix the aluminium with natural fibre my question is - How the natural fibre withstand the heat while fabricate?NEW NATURAL FIBRE REINFORCED ALUMINIUM COMPOSITE FOR...
I want to know what things should I keep in my mind while selecting the sites for the test 
Hello sir/mam Now I am doing my UG in CSE and I am well interested in doing astronomy in as my PG and I have some knowledge about space and...
Any waste material that can replace lime in cements or concretes and should have equal or greater properties as compared to lime.
I am about to start my final year project. I have researched and found that i would have to have my hands on image processing and object recognition through machine...