CrazyEngineers V4: Early Access

We are developing the next version of CrazyEngineers. If you wish to receive latest updates and early access, click the link below.

1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Are there any onsite internship opportunities for robotics or industrial control systems?

Question asked by PUSHAN PRAVIN PATEL 18110131 in #Robotics #Startups & Business #Internships on Apr 13, 2021
PUSHAN PRAVIN PATEL 18110131
Rank E2 - BEGINNER

HI, I am Pushan Patel. I am a 3rd year mechanical engineering student at IIT Gandhinagar and pursuing minors in robotics and control. I am interested in these fields along with computer vision. I could not find much opportunities in these domains for offline/onsite internships for coming summer (May 2021- July 2021). It would be great if anyone could help me find an offline internship in robotics or industrial automation.

Posted in: #Robotics #Startups & Business #Internships
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Apr 14, 2021
Rank A1 - PRO

Have you checked for opportunities on LinkedIn? I did a quick search and found several. Give LinkedIn a try. I'm sure you'll find something.

PUSHAN PRAVIN PATEL 18110131
Rank E2 - BEGINNER

I tried on LinkedIn, found quite good start ups. Applied on their emails but there was no response. I had made connections with one of their employees and he asked me to mail through the website. Could you guide me on how to approach start up through LinkedIn. That would be great.

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Apr 16, 2021
Rank A1 - PRO

You've made good attempts. Typically, companies do not respond to internship opportunities via their official emails. You've to be a bit strategic. 

First - finalize 2-3 companies that you wish to target. Make sure that these are the companies that are worth doing your internship from. I'd shortlist the companies I'd want to work for after graduation. 

Second - you've to build a portfolio or a simple project that shows your capabilities and skills. It should be something that gets their attention immediately. Shows that you're 'different' from other regular interns.

Third - build connection with the key personnel in the company. Send connection with a short, but attention grabbing note. 

Once they accept your request; politely ask them to be your guide and mentor. People love to be mentors. Requesting mentorship will mean that the onus of getting you a good internship will be on them. 

They'll be happy to refer you for internship in their company. 

I think that's the way to follow. Give it a try. All the best! 

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up