Are Superstitions good enough?

We , TECHIES , people from modern era ,suppose us to be very logical and rational towards the things. Yet we have faiths and trusts whose reasons we cannot explain.Sometimes We do things which we cannot explain why are we doing. Being so much advanced , Being engineers we have superstitions.
Sachin Tendulkar has his own superstitions. The point is that everybody has some type of superstitions. I have mine. Most of the CEans will be suerstitious. I willnot ask you to tell but just want you to cogitate and have some words if superstitions are good enough.

Replies

• nerdy_me
    nerdy_me
    Dear Freak, as far as my viewpoint is considered, superstitions are developed by one and all by correlating the happenings of the past and the present ,and then predicting the future.It depends on one's own perception.Superstitions are merely created by the people which sometimes give them strength like belief on almighty always keeps our wishes alive. And yes the ones like crossing off a black cat on the way, washing clothes on specific days etc are really ridiculous according to me.One should believe in what the thing is but should not believe in unbelievable things......!!!!
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    There is a superstition here in our country about stairs. I really don't know where this superstition comes from, can either be from Spanish or Chinese.
    Oro, Plata, Mata is an old Filipino architectural superstition saying that design elements in a house (particularly staircases) should not end in a multiple of three, in keeping with a pattern of oro (gold), plata (silver), and mata (bad luck). Each houses here in country follow this superstion, the stair in your house must not end in mata....๐Ÿ˜€
    Another: Chicken is sacrificed, it's blood let to drip on the columns to hold the building.This is one of many superstitions (feng shui) on house construction in the Philippines.This superstition is to drive away evil spirits and bring good luck.
    I know that it's really funny but many Filipinos believe in this suppersition.๐Ÿ˜€
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    sorry friends but i can't oppose superstitions because many times they came true in my case but i don't believe them blindly
    if that is bad to me i care it and takes measures to eliminate them or to make them to be minimized
    and if is good i just don't care and goes in my way
  • freak16
    freak16
    @ Nerdy Awesome thoughts! Very Well presented..

@ Maria Nice to Know about philippi people Superstitions. But Obviously they( Superstitions ) are not good enough.

@ NM Very well Said.
  • nerdy_me
    nerdy_me
    Thanks freak...!!!
    ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’
    ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’
    ๐Ÿ˜’

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

one suggestion for ur site: Concentrate Stuff Maybe like groups on the home page ~tree system ~then the forum
Usually these applications updates your status or brings your recent wall posts on social networking websites by sending and receiving Short Messaging Service (SMS dude !!!). The following are two...
Hello Everyone, I am working on an intelligent traffic light control system as my final year project. More like a traffic system that can take decisions on its own. It...
Japanese ZOOM - a leading company that manufactures music production related gadgets like professional audio recorders, Guitar Multi-Effects Processors etc. has released ZOOM R8 - a multi-track recorder. The R8...
IIMB (IIM Bangalore) official website has been hacked and the site is no longer available. I tried accessing the site and continuously getting 'Problem Loading Page' error message. The Google...