Are startups solving any real problems for people?

I see most of the startups these days, especially in the web/app space offer some tiny enhancement problem or offer a value-addition. But why don't we see startups that solve some 'real' problems for the people?

Let me take an example. Instagram, one of the startups that got acquired by Facebook for whooping $1billion only offered a collection of filters. These filters were already available on so many places. If you asked what problem did Instagram solve, then there is no satisfactory answer to it.

But consider PayPal - it totally solve the problem of money transfer which earlier required going to the banks, depositing money and required a really long time. Paypal solved that problem by allowing anyone with an email ID to send money to anywhere in the world at a click of a button.

My examples may not be apt, but I think you got an idea of the point I'm trying to make. What's your take?

Replies

• Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Of course, startups are solving real problems in India. Redbus, makemytrip, flipkart, bookmyshow etc. have made life lot more easy.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just curious to know whether PS3 games will run on PS4. Sony's latest gaming station is scheduled to be unveiled on February 20th. I'd hate to have two consoles to...
Here is a good news for seekers of new inventions in the field of Robotics and Automation. A great event Robomania 2013 is going to be held on 22nd and...
Just today i saw in the home page of CE, that the largest prime number is 17 million digits strong.(or so i read). But until today the largest prime number...
I have heard that an aircraft engines runs on white petrol, but i didn't got the reason that why we don't design an aircraft engine that runs on diesel or...
This is the project to control Robotic Arm using Blender.Pic18f4550 and pic12f1480 controllers are used. click here