Are social networking sites generally beneficial to our world?

Social Networking websites allow us to build on-line profiles, share information, pictures, blog entries, music clips. Face Book, Twitter, Myspace, LinkedIn, Orkut, Hi5 etc are world renowned social networking websites.With all these facilities, Is it really beneficial to us?

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    i personally hate facebook, orkut, twitter etc. but yet i would say that they can be put to a good use. and if you ask me what they are, then the list is endless. but unfortunately 90% of its users are either misusing them or are doing something worthless and wasting their own precious time, while doing so(and that is one of the reasons why i hate it).

however i have found out that technology-based sites (like crazyengineers) are far more beneficial.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    zaveri
    i personally hate facebook, orkut, twitter etc. but yet i would say that they can be put to a good use. and if you ask me what they are, then the list is endless.

however i have found out that technology-based sites (like crazyengineers) are far more beneficial.
    accepted. But Personally, Facebook have helped me(my classmates) out to share information regarding assignment, placements etc... It brings people closer.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    aarthivg
    accepted. But Personally, Facebook have helped me(my classmates) out to share information regarding assignment, placements etc... It brings people closer.
    same here . my class guys created a group page on fb for sharing assignments, and stuff. but i got kicked out due to some rivalry.
  • Renita Ghosh
    Renita Ghosh
    aarthivg
    Social Networking websites allow us to build on-line profiles, share information, pictures, blog entries, music clips. Face Book, Twitter, Myspace, LinkedIn, Orkut, Hi5 etc are world renowned social networking websites.With all these facilities, Is it really beneficial to us?
    Hi Aarthi, good question. But, don't you use FB? I do, not to post photos and find new friends but to have fun, find old school and college pals, reconnect with them and much more. I find social networking great fun because today is not the day to write letters to loved ones, it is about emailing and connecting via the social media. Opting not to be a part of the revolution is your choice, but tomorrow you might not get a chance to be a part of it coz you might be left behind and too late. I came across another similar site, www. Removed By Admin . com. It has 3D chatting in it that makes chatting with relatives, parents and friends a lot more easier and a better experiencing than on the phone. There is games that will entice the young generation and live streaming...unlike any other site.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Renita Ghosh
    Hi Aarthi, good question. But, don't you use FB? I do, not to post photos and find new friends but to have fun, find old school and college pals, reconnect with them and much more. I find social networking great fun because today is not the day to write letters to loved ones, it is about emailing and connecting via the social media. Opting not to be a part of the revolution is your choice, but tomorrow you might not get a chance to be a part of it coz you might be left behind and too late. I came across another similar site, www. Removed By Admin . com. It has 3D chatting in it that makes chatting with relatives, parents and friends a lot more easier and a better experiencing than on the phone. There is games that will entice the young generation and live streaming...unlike any other site.
    Good to see you in CE #-Link-Snipped-#. I too have an FB account. But I am not much active. Other than finding our old friends, I don't feel, there is any benefits. I always wonder, what is the use of posting photos in the social networking site and people give like for it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You see, the 'Gun' itself isn't good or bad. It's the human brain that makes things good or bad. Social Networks are beneficial because they offer a great way to connect with people. I however think that people 'waste' more time than using the network for what it is. But that's just my opinion though. 😀
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    The_Big_K
    You see, the 'Gun' itself isn't good or bad. It's the human brain that makes things good or bad. Social Networks are beneficial because they offer a great way to connect with people. I however think that people 'waste' more time than using the network for what it is. But that's just my opinion though. 😀
    I couldn't have said it better 👍
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    It all depends on how we use it. Social networks are made to bring people closer and they should be seen in that way only. Now if someone is wasting his whole day posting photos, you cant blame facebook for it.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Pensu
    It all depends on how we use it. Social networks are made to bring people closer and they should be seen in that way only. Now if someone is wasting his whole day posting photos, you cant blame facebook for it.
    you have got a point there too.
  • svs1905
    svs1905
    Anything good/bad depends on the user.If the user is a dude he'll use it for good , if fool mis-use it.It can be anything....
  • Renita Ghosh
    Renita Ghosh
    aarthivg
    Hey Aarthi...I agree that some people don't like these social networking sites because they are changing the traditions that we follow...gifts are exchanged online and even wishes are posted online. But they also have some positives. For people who stay really far away from their loved ones, they can chat and see each other through video chats. You can find your long lost friends, you can post photos so that people away from you can see what you are doing now and relive those moments. For me social networking helps me with all these features. I do all this via a new social networking site called Cafe4tune. It is really cool. Try it out, you will like it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Do you love novels? Please share your favorite novel 😀 I'm also planning to buy a new novel so need some suggestions. There are so many novels, which one to...
​ CALL FOR PAPERS AND PARTICIPATION​ International Symposium on Standards in Engineering and Technology (ISSET 2012) ​ ​ Organized By​ Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers - Delhi Technological University...
One of the CEans wrote to me - Sir, I have completed my 3rd year of mechanical engineering and final year will be starting from august. Companies will start visiting...
Most of us are obsessed with taking the 'right decision' at the right time. I've often wondered whether there anything like 'right decision'? After some thought, I found out that...
Just follow following steps : Create any new folder or you can use any existing folder that is to be hidden. Rename the folder to any name but with the...