Are scientists so proud of their "Invincibility" that they seldom listen to Common people's ideas?

Are the scientists proud of their invincibility? Is this True? Give me your views on this..!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Scientists are people too. No more opinionated than a historian for example. By training they are more open minded than others, because science has a way of pulling the rug from under the feet of any one with a new hypothesis. They are short on faith and blind acceptance. They want to validate things objectively.
    Of course there are exceptions. Quite a few scientists trying to do the dirty on each other just like people in general.
    Engineers are scientists too, with similar foibles.
    We should get rid of the idea that scientists are a special breed. They are common people too, like you and me (well, I do belong to the other category as well).
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    thank you........!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ sir..! But some exceptions are there right?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    One example is the Battle of Currents between Edison (champion of DC) and Westinghouse.
    War Of Currents
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I can recollect how the Einstien (who was the intiator of the idea of quatum physics) in later stages of life, just dismissed its existence in his pursuit to 'find' a unified theory.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
    Attributed to Albert Einstein
  • Smriti Jha
    Smriti Jha
    An invention's significance lies in its ability to solve problems.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi I want to know which type of transducer are used to convert sound energy into electrical energy,Please post complete name ,your help will be appriciated. Thanks Sumit
138 skydivers shattered the vertical skydiving world record as the flew heads down in a massive snowflake iformation in Illinois. It took over fifteen attempts in presence of judges for...
i mraj i want become engineer in field of power and machine engineering
Hi All, This is Satya Akshintala and i work as IT Professional in a MNC in India,Pune. Very glad to join this community. Hope and wish this would be very...
how we save electricity in regenerative braking?