Are IT Jobs Losing Their Coolness Factor?

When I graduated (in 2003), IT was an established sector where engineers would rush to get jobs! Why? Because IT offered everything that people would just dream about and it included air-conditioned workplaces, posh offices, incredible salaries, 'on-site' opportunities and so on. The on-site thing was so hot that you'd make a trip to Europe or USA for about a year and then book a flat in the city of your choice. Almost every kid did that.

The social impact was powerful too! Those who went on-site were quickly labeled by the neighborhood as 'intelligent' and 'smart' and 'a hero'.

Do you think the times have changed now? Do you think the IT jobs have lost their coolness factor? Share your opinion.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    no they have not. I thought I gave this antidote earlier . ANyone who loves IT and finds my comment offensive - please pardon me.
    IT is like the loo. people outside it want to enter it and people inside it want to get out of it

exceptions prevail.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : That's the most appropriate statement about IT! Yeah, for the outsiders it's the 'heaven', for insiders it's like, apologies to say this, but I'd say 'hell'? 😉 😁
  • graphite
    graphite
    No they have not as the number of people outside it is increasing day by day. Even a non-engineer student does a S/w, networking,etc. courses and aspires to enter into IT. That's what i feel.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i need seminar reports about piano key spill way for dams... help me plzz
It's not only the vision but a mission of not only Dr. APJ Kalam but of all the Indians who love their country and are ready to work for its...
'Student' today😉 "Engineer" tomorrow👍
Heya folks! Many of you would have seen the facebook's implementation of photo gallery, but it lacks something like automatic playing of all the photos, or in general words, a...
why freezar is upar most position in tha freeze??