1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Are facing issue with images on CrazyEngineers?

Question asked by Kaustubh Katdare in #Coffee Room on Aug 23, 2019
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Aug 23, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

In order to prepare for the upcoming app; we made changes to the site. The change could have led to problems with loading of some of the images - like your image on the top menu, dashboard icons etc. 

If this happens to you - please delete your browser cache and reload your page. If the problem persists; reply in this discussion. We apologise for the inconvenience.  

Posted in: #Coffee Room
Ramani Aswath
Ramani Aswath · Aug 23, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

@Kaustubh Katdare , the only image issue seems to be on the 

About Us

Page, where the images of @Kaustubh Katdare and @Ankita Katdare are missing! Even after clearing the browser history this continues.

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Aug 23, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

Yes, working on the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Ramani Aswath
Ramani Aswath · Aug 25, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

Interesting.

What was okay till today failed. Images seem to be missing at top right after login.

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Aug 25, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

This is a strange issue. We are on it. Does the image reappear after a few tries? 

Ramani Aswath
Ramani Aswath · Aug 26, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

I tried it on my iPad at home last night. The image was not there. Just now I did it on my Dell desktop at my office. All seems well. Except that the images on the "About us" page is still missing.

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Aug 26, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

Yes, about us is broken. We are currently targeting images on /dashboard and /groups/all - those are the pages with special image settings; and images are expected to work fine on those pages. 

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Aug 27, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

Update: We've updated the images tags throughout the site - at least on most of the prominent sections/pages. If anything looks broken; please send me a DM or respond here. @Harshad Italiya , @Abhishek Rawal @Manish Goyal 

Harshad Italiya
Harshad Italiya · Aug 27, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

Looks like all OK right now.

Manish Goyal
Manish Goyal · Aug 27, 2019
Rank A2 - PRO

I can't see logo right now and other images on home pages

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Aug 27, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

@Manish Goyal - Could you give the page a hard refresh and tell me if the problem persists? 

1. Right click anywhere on the page and select 'Inspect element'

2. Then click "Empty Cache and Hard Reload" option -

3LWN-screen-shot-2019-08-27-at-34906-pm.jpg

Please let me know if the problem persists. If it does - please let me know your OS and Browser. 

Ramani Aswath
Ramani Aswath · Aug 28, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

I notice that the problem persists with iPad. Only iPad (Safari). Working well with Windows (Firefox and Edge) and Android (Firefox).

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Aug 28, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

@Ramani Aswath sir, it looks like the problem is with cache. If possible delete the history on safari and try again. I've an old iPad 2 and I checked; things work fine. Unless of course, we've more reports of images issue. 

Ramani Aswath
Rank A1 - PRO

How do I delete the history in iPad? Have not done it before.

Ramani Aswath
Rank A1 - PRO

Thank you very much @Kaustubh Katdare , that works.

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Aug 28, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

Just a note - these changes are required in order to prepare for the upcoming Web App launch - installable on mobile phones. :-)

Manish Goyal
Manish Goyal · Aug 30, 2019
Rank A2 - PRO

I did inspect element on chrome, this is the error I can see

Access to image at 'https://data.crazyengineers.com/assets/logo.png' from origin 'https://www.crazyengineers.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Aug 30, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

@Manish Goyal - Could you please confirm that the error reappears after hard refreshing the page? 

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up