View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12940 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Aug 23, 2019

Are facing issue with images on CrazyEngineers?

In order to prepare for the upcoming app; we made changes to the site. The change could have led to problems with loading of some of the images - like your image on the top menu, dashboard icons etc. 

If this happens to you - please delete your browser cache and reload your page. If the problem persists; reply in this discussion. We apologise for the inconvenience.  

@Kaustubh Katdare , the only image issue seems to be on the 

About Us

Page, where the images of @Kaustubh Katdare and @Ankita Katdare are missing! Even after clearing the browser history this continues.

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Aug 23, 2019

Yes, working on the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Interesting.

What was okay till today failed. Images seem to be missing at top right after login.

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Aug 25, 2019

This is a strange issue. We are on it. Does the image reappear after a few tries? 

I tried it on my iPad at home last night. The image was not there. Just now I did it on my Dell desktop at my office. All seems well. Except that the images on the "About us" page is still missing.

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Aug 26, 2019

Yes, about us is broken. We are currently targeting images on /dashboard and /groups/all - those are the pages with special image settings; and images are expected to work fine on those pages. 

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Aug 27, 2019

Update: We've updated the images tags throughout the site - at least on most of the prominent sections/pages. If anything looks broken; please send me a DM or respond here. @Harshad Italiya , @Abhishek Rawal @Manish Goyal 

Harshad Italiya
Harshad Italiya • Aug 27, 2019

Looks like all OK right now.

I can't see logo right now and other images on home pages

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Aug 27, 2019

@Manish Goyal - Could you give the page a hard refresh and tell me if the problem persists? 

1. Right click anywhere on the page and select 'Inspect element'

2. Then click "Empty Cache and Hard Reload" option -

3LWN-screen-shot-2019-08-27-at-34906-pm.jpg

Please let me know if the problem persists. If it does - please let me know your OS and Browser. 

I notice that the problem persists with iPad. Only iPad (Safari). Working well with Windows (Firefox and Edge) and Android (Firefox).

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Aug 28, 2019

@Ramani Aswath sir, it looks like the problem is with cache. If possible delete the history on safari and try again. I've an old iPad 2 and I checked; things work fine. Unless of course, we've more reports of images issue. 

How do I delete the history in iPad? Have not done it before.

Thank you very much @Kaustubh Katdare , that works.

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Aug 28, 2019

Just a note - these changes are required in order to prepare for the upcoming Web App launch - installable on mobile phones. :-)

I did inspect element on chrome, this is the error I can see

Access to image at 'https://data.crazyengineers.com/assets/logo.png' from origin 'https://www.crazyengineers.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Aug 30, 2019

@Manish Goyal - Could you please confirm that the error reappears after hard refreshing the page? 

Share this content on your social channels -