Are Engineering College Fees In India Justified?

Everyone knows that the whole education section in India and if I'm right; in the world world, has become a pure business where more importance is given to picking out more money from student's pockets and less on giving them high quality education in return. I remember back in my days ~ a decade ago; we'd this concept of regular seats and 'paid' seats. The paid seat students would pay approximately 3 to 4 times the fees paid by the regular seats students. But times have changed. I was shocked a few years ago to learn that almost every engineering student now a days has to pay anywhere between Rs. 70,000 - Rs. 120,000 per year for a seat in an engineering college. This excludes the 'Donations' demanded by the colleges to allocate the seat and branch.

Given the exponential rise in engineering college fees; I do not see any improvement in infrastructure and facilities offered by most of the engineering colleges. Students use the same equipment, labs, classrooms and even the benches. I wish to know from current engineering students and even those who've left the college already, whether they think the engineering education fees in India are truly justified?

Replies

• Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    The whole fraternity of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University doesn't ask for a fee of 70000 and above.Rather, they have a bit less. The fee is around 30,000 bucks. If anybody is not aware, Andhra Pradesh brings out maximum number of engineers in an year and the quality of colleges andfaculty here is pitiful. Except few, other faculties are just those graduates who couldn't find a job. There is no passion in them for teaching. Over that,there are around 600 to 700 engineering colleges here with most of them having bad infrastructure and maintenance. A person's innovation is curbed and they are made to sit inside the old books and get marks. It always has been that the education system here is more money-centric and that is really spoiling the future face of Indian engineering. Except NITs and IITs and some of the top colleges, the government ignores others. This is surely going to have very bad repercussions in near future. I have experienced it first hand. People are not interested in engineering and come to study just for degree's sake for their marriage. It sound quite funny. There are hardly around 3% of the engineers here which are employable as a fresher and this really points to a bad picture.

Is this the future of developing India?
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    The_Big_K
    I do not see any improvement in infrastructure and facilities offered by most of the engineering colleges.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    It is not so, They are improving. By the way , I mean they are started building medical college from engineering college fees.
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    #-Link-Snipped-#: I have no idea about other places but in Hyderabad, nothing is improving. The only thing that is improving here is that people are finding new ways to get money from the students..
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# We had a thread similar to this before:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Given the ever growing engineering college fees, engineering education is costlier than ever. I wonder how many of student CEans are funding their own education and not relying on parent's...
This is a restaurant that is almost literally out of the world! It blends so well with the surroundings as to be almost invisible. https://www.worldbuildingsdirectory.com/project.cfm?id=1701
Hi all,m My name is vaibhav currently doing job in one Infosec firm as a system admin. I want to go in Information Security Field....now with the job of system...
How to create ADC in WINDOWS SERVER 2008 & how it work? what we have is two domain controller. Primary (PDC) and additional (ADC) domain controller. but suppose for some...
Name: Vaibhav Nagariya Engineering Trade: IT Location: Vadodara Occupation: System Admin @ Induface Work Experience: Almost 2 years Aim in life: To be IS Consultant I joined CrazyEngineers because: I...