Are Cartoons Today fit for Kids?

I'm sure most of us have watched cartoons as kids. But back then it was more fun. But check out some of the modern cartoons on the videos below. Are these appropriate for kids? I don't think so.

Where is this world getting to?? What do you think?? Do we need to separate Cartoons for kids from those for adults??

Replies

• Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Shinchan, Oogie and the cockroaches, and so many more. Kids today know a lot more (and probably unnecessarily so) because of these cartoons. That being said, I love them as an adult 😁 On the other hand, I believe, cartoons like Ostwald and Dora the explorer are dumbing the kids down (slow-motion stuff for the longest of times with nothing added to the story or visuals). A good cartoon-upbringing was available for us in the form of Duck Tales, Talespin, Tom and Jerry, Popeye, etc.

Although now that I think of Baloo's boss' name in Talespin, I feel disturbed 😛
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I have
    Anoop Mathew
    Are these appropriate for kids? I don't think so.
    I agree. I do not watch any films, cartoons or TV for many years now.
    Maybe when (and if) I regress to a second child hood again when (and if) I reach my nineties I may start watching cartoons again (Tom and Jerry, Walt Disney perennials if these be still available from archives).
    The present day cartoons do not have the artistry or the clean fun of the old ones.
    As an aside, Readers Digest had a joke, where a nonagenarian is complaining to a psychiatrist," Doc, I still chase girls. But I forget what for when I catch them."
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Couldn't agree more. If they are either not showing on these series what you just mentioned, it's either kids making life hell for their mothers and fathers.
    Kids imitate whatever they see. Shinchan and Nobita (Doraemon) are the worst examples of this, even though they are considered among the sane cartoons and are widely watched by Kids all over India.

Back in 1990s, the worst cartoon used to be Johny the Bravo. Now it seems Johny has taken over the entire Cartoon Network and Disney Channel.

PS: It's good to see that Indian TV Cartoons such as Chota Bheem are still a big hit among toddlers (2-5 year olds).
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Because there's no one to check what's being shown on TV - the cartoons are just adult shows in the form of cartoon characters.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hai nd hello CEianz plz suggest me some good recent gd topics actually i'm having an interview of ibs day after tmrw........ thankz
#include #include void main() { clrscr(); printf("\nab"); printf("\bsi"); printf("\rha"); getch(); } According to me the op should be "hai",but the output is absi ha So ,plz tell how is it...
why the piece of code like for(int i=0;i<19;i++) { printf("hello"); } is an error,that is why in C,the variable can't be initialized within the for loop,while in other programming languages...
Hi Folks, Can you please let me know, which are the best data visualization languages (Java Scripting, JSON, css or any other) which is the best and simple to embed...
We've been comparing various 110cc scooters available in India for about Rs. 50,000 and have narrowed down on Honda Activa i and TVS Zest. Both the scooters are lightweight, offer...