Are books enough to learn Android?

I want to learn android. Will  books and practice be sufficient or should i have to go for any course?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Everyone has a different capability of learning and grasping. But one thing that holds is that mere reading and rewriting the examples given will not lead to you understanding Android. 

If your goal is to actually develop Android apps from scratch; you will have to learn by practising to write your own code. I've written a tutorial about general approach to learn any programming language - What is the best way to learn programming?. 

Do go through that discussion and I'm sure you will find some good information. 

For me, books and online reference material is the right way to learn programming. I did make use of the tutorials available on udemy and youTube to lean specific parts that I found difficult to understand. 

If you are an absolute beginner in programming, I'd strongly recommend starting with Java Programming language tutorials. One free resource I recommend is "Java - A Beginner's Guide", created by Oracle - the company that maintains Java. 

#-Link-Snipped-# might have a few tips for you to start working on Android programming. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What are the best interdisciplinary courses to get better package placement for an ag engg to do mtech in iit?
I become a CEanJust after graduation in 1960, I joined in my first job as a junior scientific assistant in the Central Electro Chemical Research Institute. I was to initiate...
LiquidWeb vs. AWS (Amazon Web Services) - both are leading players in the web hosting business; but how do they compare and who wins? My Experience with Liquidweb and AWSI...
I want to study the English paper in C-CAT exam. I want the previous question papers for more practice. 
The Crystal programming language seems to be getting a bit of developer love these days. I'm not at all sure if it's the next big thing in programming languages; but...