Arcylic Sheet Molding and Welding DIY

Just Wondering how to bend, form, cut, and weld acrylic sheets in to a form i need. Just The Basics Really. Keep In Mind On a Budget Trying to Make some body panels for an old atv

Wuebbs007

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Was there a reason you did not want to use fiberglass?
  • Wuebbs007
    Wuebbs007
    I believe That Plastic would hold up better than fiberglass since riding abuse would shred fiberglass then i would have to fix it again
  • gohm
    gohm
    I would imagine thermoforming of acrylic sheets is out of the capability of most individuals. Forming temp range is 290-320 degrees F. You'd want a horizontal radiant heat source. (open flame sources can lead to combustion of the acrylic) Tooling and molds would be used to create the shape. Afterward, cooling to 140-160F would need to take place uniformly, including the interior to avoid defects and stress. Shrinkage would also need to be considered in the design.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

[FONT="]Hi, I have a project which i have only started recently and in still the research stage. The problem put forward is to:[/FONT] [FONT="]Integrate a very small camera (between 1-3...
Attached is the Flexiforce drive circuit. I would like to ask whether I can improve improve the performance of Flexiforce in term of linearity, hysteresis, repeatability, or whatsoever other parameter...
p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } This is going to be me first review of a technical product. And no I won't be foxing everyone with technical brouhaha. It has been...
I am left bewildered every time I see people uploading complete photo albums on Facebook or Orkut. The number of photos is sometimes more than 100s. 😲 Everybody defends themselves...
Last Week, Adafruit Industries had launched a contest prize of $2000 to $3000 for anyone who can figure out how to decouple the hot new device from Microsoft's gaming machine....