Arachnophobia - Why do we fear Spiders?

How many CEans fear spiders?
I do not. Infact I have a liking for the eight leggers. Coming from a rather arid part of Tamilnadu, many are the varieties that I have encountered. Karaikudi is infested with Tarantulas, the baddies in spiders. I had kept a pair in captivity on my work desk at my first job. They are beautiful. I had held them in my hand also. I am not sure if I would do that now. Bangalore does not have these.
Here is an article on arachonophobia:
#-Link-Snipped-#

What are CEans views on this phobia?
The Karaikudi ones look like this fellow:
o-MOLTING-TARANTULA-facebook

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I fear not too. ๐Ÿ˜Ž Maybe people fear them because they look ugly (genera perception).

Spoiler: Another Reason
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Not scared. But it is the aversion we feel at their sight, is what makes some of us not go anywhere near them. ๐Ÿ˜จ

...and same goes for lizards!
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Spoiler: No Fear

P.S: I love this spoiler thingy ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Anoop Mathew
    Spoiler: No Fear

P.S: I love this spoiler thingy ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
    I am scared that the next shot we see will be of Anoop as spiderman!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

George Gamaow was a remarkable physicist with a wacky sense of humour. For one of his research papers he roped in two other physicists Aleph and Bethe. The list of...
Hi everyone I have searched few android apps that can delete system apps.Though I haven't tried it, I think it can be done only if we root our mobile and...
Voonik is a Chennai-based startup that has brought a personal shopping platform to life. Currently acting as your shopping assistant to help you dress well and well within your budget,...
want to use arduino uno and gps/gprs/gsm module v3.0 from drfobot for my project. but so far i am unable to receive an sms on the gsm shield, anybody who...
Hi CEans, was just curious to know if there's anyone here who is familiar with BATCH file programming?