aptitude questions

a sports dealer bought 2000hockey sticks for Rs 350 each.10%of them were found to be defective and unfit to be sold.At what price should he sell the remaining to get an overall profit of 8%?

Replies

• hemtapase
    hemtapase
    cindrilla
    a sports dealer bought 2000hockey sticks for Rs 350 each.10%of them were found to be defective and unfit to be sold.At what price should he sell the remaining to get an overall profit of 8%?
    "420 rs to get 8 % profiit "
  • cindrilla
    cindrilla
    hey can u give me the detailed explanation im just confused
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Total money spent = 2000* 350 = 7 Laks.
    Expected Profit = 8 % He is supposed to get total money by selling all the sticks = 7 Laks + 8 %*7Laks) = 756000/-.

10 Percent defective , so 2000 -200 = 1800 left.

so 756000/1800 = 420/-.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

iDea cellular is one of the leading network providers in India to introduce Mobile Number Portability. The company has already launched a campaign to attract non-idea mobile subscribers to idea....
So here's a small common sense based tip for those who don't get it naturally - Interview is about knowing the real you; not the fake you. English may not...
Hi guys a day or two before it was late night i visited CE and i saw a message something like this, "CE needs a break, we will return in...
Hi!!!!!!!! I am Bonty Halo, 3rd year Electrical Engineering Student.
Vodafone has launched 3G services in India and I wish to know what speeds are people getting in various circles. The USB stick is available for Rs. 1600/- and the...