Appropriate programming language to learn?

What would be the appropriate programming language to learn?

I am a final year B.Tech ECE student.I wish to learn some programming language.
Should I learn .NET, JAVA or SQL or any other.Please advice on the basis that I am pursuing Electronics and Communication.

Also do tell me which would be the best to learn-French, German, Spanish?Any other?

Thank you,
S. Ghosh

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Somi
    What would be the appropriate programming language to learn?

I am a final year B.Tech ECE student.I wish to learn some programming language.
    Should I learn .NET, JAVA or SQL or any other.Please advice on the basis that I am pursuing Electronics and Communication.

Also do tell me which would be the best to learn-French, German, Spanish?Any other?

Thank you,
    S. Ghosh
    Somi, programming language is a tool that lets you convert your algorithm or logic into something executable. .Net & Java are equally important in today's world so it's better that you pick up your favorite than going by others recommendations. However, if you're totally clueless about which one to pic from .Net or Java, I'd recommend going with Java as there's plenty of material available on the Internet all for free. Plus there are many talented Java folks on CE who will be happy to help you learn Java Programming.

Your second question is bit off topic. Again, the advise is to pick up the language of your interest and not do it just because it adds something to your resume. CEan AKD learned Japanese and she'll tell you how hard it is to learn a new language unless it's done with tremendous interest. Again, it would help if you could share the reason you wish to learn a new language.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Tata Docomo is launching Mobile Number Portability Services all over India on January 20, 2011. Mobile Number Portability aka MNP is a technology that allows subscribers to switch their network...
CEans, We are looking for bloggers passionate about latest in technology and engineering, gadgets, automobiles, start-ups, entrepreneurship, management and all the stuff that is relevant to engineers. Help us find...
Wishing Gohm a very happy birthday today ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
Here is a story written by my older brother. He is now preparing for the exam to be a Certified Public Accountant. Hope you enjoy it... The Wise and The...
Puzzle Taken From : Puzzles and Tests [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Using the checkered pattern as a guide, cut out the board below into 7 rectangular pieces so that no piece...