Approaching a client.

Imagine this scenario.
You are going to sell a product. The problem is that your potential client is a real biggie and cannot be approached just like that and that damn😀smile😀 secretary will not give you an appointment.
Now, how will you sell your product.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    rahuljain.
    Imagine this scenario.
    You are going to sell a product. The problem is that your potential client is a real biggie and cannot be approached just like that and that damn😀smile😀 secretary will not give you an appointment.
    Now, how will you sell your product.
    I guess the selling of product starts when you meet the 'biggie'. The first step is to make your way to the boss's cabin!

I'd try to convince someone who reports to the big boss I'm trying to get in touch with. Once the boss knows about you from his own employee; he'll be interested in knowing more about your product.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Most important will be your product should be enough good over others that you can convince your client.😀 So be ready with plus points and hiding negative points of your product.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Well if the secretary is not giving appointment,then meet the bosses subordinates and explain the benefits if he is convinced definately the big boss will give his appointment,secondly,all the big deals are a collective decision,even the big boss cant approve without consent of others especially,his team or sub-ordinates!!!!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I wonder why sales is being discussed on an engineering forum (some one's gonna object 😁) Anyway, this is my domain and is some activity I do day in and out. So here is what I will do-

1. Try to find out more about the company/the 'biggie' and whether they really need your product.
    2. Make a small study on how the product will be beneficial to the company.
    3. Once done, call the office, pretend to be a high profile guy to the receptionist. (You can say you wish to talk about the new mega deal with the 'biggie')
    4. Get the call transferred to the biggie, introduce yourself and the product, impress by using the knowledge you gathered about the company and ask for a meeting.

Now if you get a meeting, if your product and your convincing skills are good, you will be able to sell it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This is a topic related to entrepreneurship & business 😉 That's why!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm choosing a class project for an upcoming microcontrollers class. The class uses an ARM processor. One project I'm considering is to build a device that would record mp3's with...
i donno wts happenin here...actually i got info abt ce frm a you tube clip ..it was a song played on guitaar by a member of ce i guess coz...
Hello, I have studied the architecture and worked on 8051 microcontroller. But I found some intresting projects on 8052 (AT89C52). Are the architectures of both the same? With having the...
CEans! 😁 Guess what? We have Mr. Paul Buchheit - the creator of Gmail & Friendfeed on CE to answer your questions ! [ Don't miss this once in 20...
Hi, i am using a thread library other than pthreads...it doesn't have any automatic scheduler function..but it has a dipatcher function... How can i use this dispatcher function along with...