Applications of pumps and types of fluids.

Most of you must be aware that while water, is moved about by centrifugal pumps, (dynamic type), oil is moved about by gear, gerotor, or anyother positive displacement type of pump. why is this ?

Has it got anything to do with the viscosity of the fluids, or the area of usage ?

Also, the centrifugal pump has three types of impellers, and they are , with two crowns, with only one crown, and with no crowns at all.

the last one is used for sewage water, or water with lots of impurities, while the first one is used for pumping only pure water. now what has the crowns got to do with the purity of water.

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    No ideas about this ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Cars like Ferrari , seem to have this kind of suspension. does anyone know the detailed working principle of this kind of suspension. also why is this not being implemented...
Will someone help me to get rid out of this problem in python programming in ubuntu 10.04? I got this error: ImportError: No module named gtk I tried to fix...
First i will explain what an EDC is. it stands for Entrepreneurship Development Cell. i don't know whether it is present in other engineering colleges, but it sure is there...
Hi all, I am software enginer and work on php platform and asp programming lauguage. This is my first post in this forum 😀
Hello, I am rajik - an electrical engineer from Delhi. I want to know why the induction motor is asynchronous motor? Can someone share a reason.