Apple Music Subscription / Membership Prices In India

Apple Music has officially launched in India and I was surprised to see the pricing for the subscription. While the International subscription costs $9.99 or £9.99 or AU$11.99 per month, the price for Indian subscribers is quite cheap. I was surprised to see that the price for Individual subscription is just Rs. 120/month and if you want to give everyone in your family access to Apple music, the Family membership plan costs just Rs. 190/month.

If you convert those prices directly into USD, you will get $1.88/month for individual and $3.02 for family membership plans respectively. I've no clue the reason behind cheaper pricing. It's not yet clear if Apple's offering Apple Music in restricted form. So far, I'm on free trial and everything looks good. Apple made no mention of cutting down on any service.

Apple-India-Membership-Plan

You may remember our earlier discussion about the rdio.com Vs. Gaana Vs. Saavn : The Best Online Radio In India? of various competing online radio services in India like Rdio, Gaana, Saavn. Rdio offers it for Rs. 199/month, and Gaana+ is offered at Rs. 120/month. Saavn too offers it at Rs. 120/month for family; with an option of career billing limited to one device / 3GB of downloads.

With Apple Music entering at a pricing plan that directly competes with the established rivals, I can see the competition getting fierce. All of the services I mentioned above are already available on majority of desktop and mobile operating systems. Apple has promised to launch an Android App for Apple Music in the next few months; which would level up the game.

What do you think about membership plan pricing? Is it lucrative? Are you buying the subscription?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you are an iTunes user on OSX or Windows, it's time to upgrade to iTunes 12.2. Apple has began rolling out the latest update that features Apple Music and...
I have been interested in making a type of armband, for years now. What I want: Compatibility: Android Bluetooth- To tell you who messaged me, or is currently calling, and...
Most weekends call for an outing with family or friends to outskirts of the city and most prefer to drive the car themselves instead of a third-party driver. Nimish Agrawal...
i am 2015 passout from I.T and currently i am working as a testing engineer in my company , and i am the first testing engineer in my company so...
Er. Matti Makkonen, the inventor of short messaging service (SMS) is no more. Makkonen was 63 and fighting an illness and took his last breath on June 26th. Known to...