Apple iPad 2 Battery Specifications

Apple's never been so open about the kind of hardware they use 'inside', except for the processor, screen etc. I searched a bit online and found that iFixit folks have revealed the iPad 2 battery technical specifications. Check out this tear-down treatment done by iFixit: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Lifting off the LCD exposes the iPad 2's battery; A 3.8V, 25 Watt-hour unit. That's just a hair more than the original iPad's 24.8 Watt-hours, so any improved battery performance can be attributed to software and other hardware improvements.

• Also listed on the battery is a capacity of 6930 mAh, which may appear to contradict the already mentioned 25Wh at 3.8V ((25Wh/3.8V)*1000=6579 mAh), but 3.8V is the listed nominal voltage, not the average voltage. The average voltage of the battery over a full charge/discharge is closer to 3.6V leading to a more accurate calculation ((25Wh/3.6V)*1000=6944 mAh).
So there you go! 6930 mAh batter; quite impressive. Compare it with the 7000 mAh battery life of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. What's important to note here is that iPad promises a battery life of about 10+ hours while Android tablets actually last for about 6-8 hours.

What do you think? Android takes the blame for draining the battery?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No comments?
  • jakeferren
    jakeferren
    Thank you for the info! excellent post. Your site is very cool. I'm impressed by the details that you have on this site.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, We usually connect internet on laptops/PC using internet connection of a mobile. Is there any method of connecting vise-verse. I mean, I am using a data card on my...
Sir, I had got the permission for doing my final year project in precision tools company.....Now kindly, I want some guidelines for do my project successfully..And I am also except...
Japan's second biggest telecom operator has just launched Android powered phone called INFOBAR C01. Here are the technical specifications of the phone: - 3.2" Display that operates at 854×480 px...
I am about to start my second semester; I know it is probably a bit early to start on projects, but I do want to start on something before I...
guys i seriously need topics related to image processing or matlab or embedded... for mini projects ... bt tht project shud be a combination of both software and hardware ...