Apple Announces OS X Yosemite With Redesigned Look and iOS Device Integration

Apple has announced Yosemite, the new version of OS X at the Worldwide Developers Conference yesterday evening. The new refined design of the OS X Yosemite seems to be inspired from the design elements of iOS 7. Just like iOS 7, OS X Yosemite uses translucent elements to help the user see what elements lay behind the application and on the desktop. App icons also use a similar minimalist look. The new ‘Today’ view on the Notification Centre allows users to use add Calendar, Weather, Stocks, Reminders, World Clock, Social Network and other widgets so that they can have all the information they require on a single page.

OSX Yosemite (1)

Apple has now built in iCloud Drive into the Finder for easy cloud storage. Users will be able to drag and drop the files they require on to the iCloud Drive, organise them in folders, assign tags and open those files on other Apple devices and also on Windows PCs. Safari browser now has a ‘Favourites’ view that lets users easily access the websites of their choice. It now has enabled the option of private browsing with built-in support of the anonymous search engine ‘DuckDuckGo’. Safari now supports latest web standard like WebGL, SPDY and HTML5 Premium Video Extensions. Apple claims that Safari is now six times faster than Firefox and five times faster than Chrome thanks to its Nitro JavaScript engine.

OSX Yosemite (3)

The best part of Yosemite however is its iOS device integration. With the ‘Handoff’ feature it lets you continue the task you were doing on one device on another device from where you had left off. The ‘Instant Hotspot’ feature allows your iPhone to act as a Wi-Fi hotspot. The Messages application on you Mac can now be used to send SMS and MMS messages from your iPhone. You can also make and answer voice calls on your iPhone from your Mac.

For developers OSX Yosemite brings new platform technologies that simplify app creation. SpriteKit help developers incorporate realistic motion, physics and lighting in games and working in tandem with SceneKit it allows creation of casual 3D games. New APIs have also been developers that help them take full advantage of the aforementioned Handoff feature.

The developer preview of OS X Yosemite is available to Mac Developers program members starting today. For end users, Apple has started the OS X Beta program that gives users access to the beta release in return for their feedback. Mac users can participate in this program this summer and the final version of the OS will be delivered to all users this fall free of charge.

OSX Yosemite (2)

So before beginning the discussion on this topic, we recommend you to go through the #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# .

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A new software called 'idTRACKER' has been developed by a team of researchers from Cajal Institute, a neuroscience research center assigned to the Spanish Research Council (CSIC). Based on some...
Just a few hours ago at the World Wide Developer Conference 2014 in San Francisco, USA; Apple made quite a lot of important announcements. We decided to compile the top...
Along with OS X Yosemite Apple has unveiled the latest iteration of its mobile operating system, iOS 8. iOS 8 will run on Apple devices such as iPhone 4s, iPhone...
Renault India Pvt. Ltd. has today launched a new Renault Duster Limited Edition car in the country at a special price of Rs. 9.99 lakh to celebrate the milestone of...
Hello everyone, Myself Amit Dalal,i have started my business 2 years ago and looking for expansions. www.acmebharat.com is my website you can check my work. Iam new to this website...