App Management Problem Is Serious!

The app management problem is growing and it's more serious than it appears. If you don't know what I'm talking about - tell me how many of you quickly remember which app does what? All the fancy startups and their fancy named app make it tad difficult for me to know which app to use when I really need it and I'm calling it the app management problem.

There are apps that recommend the best food restaurants and then there's another app that lets me order food. Then there a third app that gives me discount on the food to be ordered. Since I don't want to miss out on any - I often keep juggling between the right apps. Then you will encounter number of apps that promise to offer 'everything'. Nothing really works!

For example, I used to have only Flipkart app installed on my phone in case I needed to buy something. Flipkart and most of the other online retailers have special discounts if you make purchase from the app. I have been planning to buy shorts (3/4ths) and Celio is my favorite brand. Now I found out that Jabong has better discounts than Flipkart or Amazon. I had to install Myntra app specially to see which store has the best offers.

I've decided to reduce the number of apps to just two pages; and that too because Samsung won't let me remove their default apps.

Have you faced app management problem? What's your fix?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google will not charge any transaction fee on Google Pay transactions. The transaction fee, for Apple Pay is 0.15% of the transaction value. Looks like the competition among the payment...
Samsung's next version of Samsung Gear is likely to support mobile payments through their recently announced service called 'Samsung Pay'. The report from South Korea newspapers hints at Samsung planning...
There are several online test management tools available on the Internet but I'm looking for recommendations. I'd really love if you could make suggestions about the software you're using or...
I'm looking for selenium tutorials for beginners. I've been thinking of using selenium to automate few of the smoke tests we're currently developing for upcoming features on CrazyEngineers. I'm okay...
Name: Suresh Masabattula *Engineering Trade: Mechanical Engineering Location: Vellore, Tamil Nadu *Occupation: Engineer/Gates & Dampers BHEL Ranipet Work Experience: Engineer, LP Division, TVS Wheels India ltd., Chennai *Hobbies & Interests:...