App for CE

Hey, I was wondering if crazy engineers are interested in launching an Android/Windows-phone and desktop/IOS app for our forum. If yes, post in ideas about it and whos willing to work on it.

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    What do you think the app should do? Get feeds/updates?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The version we've planned will go beyond the basic functionalities. A little more wait is required. The responsive layout should help till then.
  • sookie
    sookie
    I can help with Android using java. I am not sure but is CE already having any android/iOS App yet so that CE is accessible "all time" on our smart android phones?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    CE Android App is not there and so that will be a boon But making an App cross platform and releasing them at the same time for all the three OS will really be more credit filled Don't you think
  • sookie
    sookie
    You cannot install a Android app on Windows phone or iOS phone right. App need to be developed accordingly but as far as I know once made in Android, app can easily be developed for other OS.

Main concern is even though CE can be accessed from any type of smart phone but Apps can be like the one which gives benefits to users.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Well I can see a lot of people willing to work on the App. Many have contacted me too and given their inputs. I would like if you guys are interested then Inbox me with your skill sets and we will start on the development phase.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I had also asked kaustubh ji about the app but they had said that we want to wait for few more to get a fully functional dedicated android app
  • envira
    envira
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The version we've planned will go beyond the basic functionalities. A little more wait is required. The responsive layout should help till then.
    Audentio.com offers xenforo responsive themes , you could check them out , and the lead designers are good friends of mine πŸ˜€ , i could get you a design for a slightly reduced price, but if you want an app , my friend from pune makes android business apps, and you could hire him for the job πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    envira
    Audentio.com offers xenforo responsive themes , you could check them out , and the lead designers are good friends of mine πŸ˜€ , i could get you a design for a slightly reduced price, but if you want an app , my friend from pune makes android business apps, and you could hire him for the job πŸ˜€
    Aren't we responsive already? The ad-spots need a fix which I'll do today.

We're waiting for a few things before we officially launch the Android project. In the mean time, we could use your design services. PM me if you're interested.
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    Anyone interested in Peer/Collaborative Xenforo development? Ping me.πŸ‘
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    hey guys why cant you just develop app with simple java so any mobile can use it like nokia

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Greetings Readers, as promised earlier, we shall discuss the recon or the initial steps and concept of hacking. β€œOn our journey to a secure future, we must first understand the...
So, how fast is your router? If you recently demonstrated your friends how quickly your brand new router sends a full HD move from your desktop to your mobile over...
The CE Weekend Debate started 4 weeks earlier, and the people participating are becoming low , so this thread is made for discussing what improvement CEans in the debate. I...
1) Can a non-US resident back Kickstarter Project ? 2) Can a non-US resident post/publish his/her project in Kickstarter ? 3) If I back any project (assume it's OUYA) &...
pf-Kernel is a Linux kernel fork which provides you some awesome features which are not included in mainline Linux Kernel. "pf" stands for "Post Factum", Author's nick-name. Some popular patchsets...