Apache Booster & Performance Improvements

Since last few weeks, I was learning "How to optimize websites", because I had great issues with my own personal website, I never received more than 60% rating for my website from gtmetrix

But Yesterday, I found one way, through Apache booster installed on my VPS (Virtual Private Server)

It improved my website load time to an extent, that now it is around 92%

#-Link-Snipped-#

So If you want to use it , then simply run following commands on your linux machine

wget #-Link-Snipped-#

tar -zxf apachebooster-v1.3.tar.gz

cd apachebooster

sh install.sh

Please note this requires root access on your server, these steps won't work on shared hosting

Thanks

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I recently wrote about my experiences with Litespeed web server; which is a drop replacement of Apache: Litespeed Vs. Apache web server - Real world page loading speed test results . The speed improvements are more than noticeable and the graphs confirm the same. Do you have any informaiton on what exactly Apache booster optimises that it offers so much of performance gains?

Also, how do Apache booster compete with Litespeed?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Check this out, Apache beats Litespeed in Benchmark : UNIXy.Net Fully Managed Servers and Clusters | Apache vs. Litespeed: Apache Runs 95% Faster Than Litespeed
    You might also like to read about this too : #-Link-Snipped-#

However, according to #-Link-Snipped-# ,Litespeed is quite faster in serving static webpages, however there is almost no difference in performance in Dynamic content.

Another benchmark : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - would love to have your comments on this 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I need some enlightenment on this question that am not clearly able to think about in the last few hours so. I believe someone here can help me discussing...
Food and Agriculture Organisation(FAO) was concluded in Rome today and India minister of state for food and public distribution said that the new food security act will not affect the...
Just read a report that Twitter is paying about $10 million to an engineer in the silicon valley to make him(or her) stay with the company. The paycheck he's being...
Expect rise in the cyber security jobs in India in coming days. Big IT companies in India - viz. TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant and others may soon begin looking for...
LG G2 has a guest mode - which when enabled lets you define what apps and sections of the phone will be accessible to the user. I think this is...