Anyone know how to get rid of the Windows Taskbar in XP?

GUYS i want to completely remove my windows taskbar(not autohide)..
i anyone hav ever done it please help me out
i want a manuual removal method
remind u i m using window xp.

Replies

• savitha_chandu
    savitha_chandu
    REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects2]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoSetTaskbar"=dword:00000001
    "NoTrayItemsDisplay"=dword:00000001
    "HideClock"=dword:00000001
    "NoToolbarsOnTaskbar"=dword:00000001
    "NoTrayContextMenu"=dword:00000001
    "NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000

*NOTE if you wish to have this only applied until your next reboot, run this with:
    “NoSaveSettings”=dword:00000001 instead.

this will keep windows from saving these settings, and the taskbar should reappear on your next reboot 😀

**If it doesn’t, change all the values to 000000 to disable ALL features, also remove the - from the first path line. This will return the taskbar and it’s components.
    *NOTE you may have to re-add any toolbars, etc you had previously added to the taskbar.
  • ankesh.cs2007
    ankesh.cs2007
    ya savitha is right but don't play with registry.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey, I need to transmit 4 bit wirelessly using RF modules. This is one of the component of my first design project. Please tell me the different components and circuit...
i am a student of 3rd year in computer science in jaipur. as per our curriculam of engineering a 30 days industrial training is proposed in may-june 2010. can anyone...
Nowadays minimum two degrees are required if you really want to survive in the global competitive market- that's what most people think. But there are many successful people who have...
What do you think would be the future of mobile phones as per the current increase in the popularity of Touch-Screen cell phones. Would cellphones having key-pads be extinct in...
Noted management guru Coimbatore Krishnarao Prahalad who died in San Diego after a brief illness late Friday, was among the best known global thinkers on the subject and author of...