ANY ONE ...CATIA OR.. NX ..WHICH IS BEST...

i am doing b.tech and in 2nd year ......can any body tell me which one is best catia or nx .......i am interested in automobile sector....mainly in engine design.....

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    catia of course
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    Catia is best!
  • mechky
    mechky
    There is no particular single software which is used by automobile sector. Every software has a specialty and it is used for that purpose in industries.
    For example, Catia is more efficient in surfacing and is preferred in automobile sector usually for body design and related things. However, this doesn't means that its use is limited to only surfacing. There are automobile companies that use Catia for many other purposes also, eg. TATA Motors.
    As far as engine design is concerned, I would recommend Pro/E for modelling and ANSYS for simulations. However the same work can be done in Catia and NX also.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am a Mechanical Engineer from Dehradun and I've a query regarding petrol and diesel engines. I want to know why we can't use petrol in diesel engine? What are...
Does anyone know how to hack into and break WEP Wi Fi passowrds? Is the technique applicable to other secure wireless networks?
what are the requirements of a structural designer/consultant from the architect to start designing a building or what are all the details an architect has to furnish to a structural...
i am 1st year student of EE. pz help me regarding power supply project,,varies 0-15V
I am currently pursuing my under graduation degree in 3rd year of Electronic and Communication and I am currently working on mobile robotics.